Ballast replacement nightmare

pbienkiewi

Ok I have (had) a nova extreme pro lighting, 48" 6 t5 bulb 54W lighting, that blew a ballast. I decided to replace all three ballast and get two coralvue 660 ballast to overdrive the lights. While dismantling the lights I broke off the little clips that hold the endcaps into the metal bracket in place. I decided to order 6 moisture resistant endcaps to replace them. These end caps are larger (Higher up) that the small endcaps that were on the the lighting in the first place. Meaning I can not fit the plastic spash guard into place. Then trying to line up all 6 end caps into place it is a tight fit and the bulbs will not match with the grooves in the single bent reflector.
So here I am thinking about doing a DIY canopy and trying to attach the lighting into the canopy. If I have to buy new reflectors so be it. I guess it is the go big or go home theory that I have. I can not find anything videos on youtube or I am not looking in the right place.
Give me some thoughts, ideas, or some usefull help please.

acrylic51

Do the DIY canopy and use the 660's and good reflectors.....Not hard at all to get things lined up nice and pretty

pbienkiewi

Yea thats what I am thinking. I am trying to figure out if I should use the old light hood to keep the 660's and wiring inside of that . Then have the 6 end caps mounted on a board across the old light hood. With 6 lights it is wider than the light hood. Then what to do for a lens cover for the lights

pbienkiewi

It all depends on what I want to do. I can hangthe light from a DIY canopy. I am still stuck on if I want to use the old shell light casing to hold the ballast and wiring. It should be close to the water 4 inches I believe. The farther up it is the more light I am going to lose. I have a few ideas in mind but I have not had any good pictures or videos on how to do the DIY lighting. I can go to lowes and get thin plexy glass and use weld on and make brackets to hold the plexy glass a couple of inches above the water.

pbienkiewi

I got it all to work. I rewired thet wo ballast and got the them to fit into the existing hood. I removed the bracket that holds the ballast in place which game me enough room to fit everything in and screwed them into the hood. The light is alot more bright. I have a contoured reflector but I need to get the Icecap individual reflectors now.