Baltimore Aquarium

isistius

i used to work in the aquarium, when i lived in b'more. i worked on the maryland mountains to the sea exhibit, also took care of the piranha tank and the big zig-zag tank in the rain forest. i also got to dive in the ray tank, and their reef tank while i was there. pretty cool time. feeding 600 lb sand tigers was a real trip...........

pco1988

Originally Posted by barkdog
All right! MD represent!
Is the new australian exhibit worth the admission price? I went last year and thought that the place seemed to be getting run down... was a little disappointed. Then again, last time I was there I was a kid, and didn't see marine fish in my house everyday.
Not really. There were flying foxes (up real high), a very nice fish/turtle tank, a pair of rose brested cockatoos, and a couple of lizards and snakes. I you will be going there for the whole thing, then yes it is worth every penny. I have been there about 5 times and every time I am there, there is something new to look at.
Philip
And yes I saw the dolphin show.

rara12

My aunt works there and she said that they didnt have time to properly introduce the animals and one of the fish was eating all the birds and lizards when they went to drink. Well thats life.