banana eel

cincyreefer

I have seen them get up to about 12" but that was in a 8500 gallon tank. IME they normally max out at around 7-8".

ac

Mines about 18 inches long(see avatar). I've had him about 2 years and he hasn't grown much, but eats like a horse.

escape2thewater

Thanks! Thay have one at my LFS thats a little over 2 feet, I guess hes on the bigger side. Oh well he was sold while I was doing some research. Thanks anyway.
KYle
:happyfish

perchpsk

AC,
what size tank do you have your eel in? I was thinking of getting one for my 150 gallon. Also do you know the sceintific name of that eel?
Thanks!

pufferman

It seems that there are some eels called "banana eel" collectively because of a similar color or an attempt to rip you off. The species (can't remember what species) that used to on sale on this website usually grow to 8"-12" range.

ac

perchpsk
Mines in a 320 gallon tank. I don't know the scientific name. I've had some debat as to exactly what kind of eel it is. The lfs that I bought it from called it a golden moray. Saltwater fish.com calls it a banana eel. Either way he's very cool. He has a very mellow disposition.