Banana Morray - Muraena miliaris

95harley

Well good news, after only being in the tank for 24-36hrs my lil 14" eel ate several chunks of raw shrimp from the feeding stick last night. Thanks goodenss I didn't have the 7 month fasting that AC's had...I would be panicing.
So all looks like it will be fine.

greenwolf52

Originally Posted by 95Harley
Well good news, after only being in the tank for 24-36hrs my lil 14" eel ate several chunks of raw shrimp from the feeding stick last night. Thanks goodenss I didn't have the 7 month fasting that AC's had...I would be panicing.
So all looks like it will be fine.
can you post this thread for me bc my jeweled moray is getting off to a very slow start with eating...in 3 1/2 weeks, he's only eaten maybe 4 small pieces of silversides...i think he may be more than partially blind. it's like when i first bring the food in he's all over it, but then it's like he loses sight of it and can't even tell when it's right in front of him or under his nose...kinda weird.
anyway, did you say someone had one that didn't eat for 7 months?

ac

My eel didn't eat for about 7 months when I got him. They tend to go on hunger strikes occasionally. I just kept offering different foods and one day he just snapped out of it. He still doesn't eat regularly, but when he eats it's like stuffing a sock.

95harley

Well after a second day feeding mine turned his nose up to thawed scallops the other day. So I'm just giving him a few days till he's hungry.
My White Eyed Moray and my SFE both think every day should be a massive feeding. They never get enough.

animalman

I can't be of much help on this suject but I just wanted to add in my opinion of this eel. I think this is one of the cooler ones that I have seen but again, I am new to saltwater fish tanks and have never owned one, I just do a lot of research so that one day I can have a large tank. I really like the coloring of it too.