Bananas New- ish 12 gal.Oceanic Bio-cube.

handbanana

Today I went LR shopping with my girlfriend and we picked out some really good LR. 10 mushrooms, dozens of brittle stars and a huge feather duster! and who knows what other critters. I also got a container of Chemi-pure.
So I did a water change, removerd 10% of the bio balls and removed the dead coreal skeletons. I put the skeletons in my sump, which is isolated from my 55 gal, and under construction. There were some huge bristle worms in the coral.
I replaced the filter floss after aranging my LR. also zapped some Aiptasia.
I noticed the flow from the PH is laughable and I have no heater. So Im going to get at least a small Heater tommorow and hopefully a new pump. Thats where I was hoping to get some suggustions. The only lable on the PH I can see is a warning lable. So I think maybe a stock PH?
What can I replace this with?

mproctor4

No idea on you PH but the tank is off to a great start! I'll be watching to see what you do with the tank.
New tanks are so fun, so many possibilities.

speg

good luck with the Hawaiian dusters. I've never had long-term success with them :( really beautiful though.

handbanana

Thanks for the vote of confidance on the feather duster Speg
. any paticullar reason why they cant be kept? Any suggustions on what to do with it?

handbanana

I guess I'll just post this question here. seems a bit slow but
. Can a scooter blenny be kept in a 12 gal nano if stocked regularly with pods?

speg

Originally Posted by Handbanana
http:///forum/post/3272488
I guess I'll just post this question here. seems a bit slow but
. Can a scooter blenny be kept in a 12 gal nano if stocked regularly with pods?
To this question: if you really wanted to keep buying pods then it would probably work.. but do you really want to go that route? Sounds like a pain...
To the feather duster: It just seems like they take more food then you're able to provide them.. Think Ron Shimek is the one who mentions they usually starve to death in about a 6 month period.
Oddly enough, other smaller feather dusters tend to survive even through a cycle.

handbanana

It does sound like a pain. I just don't want to get rid of Lenny. I don't want him to be mantis food either tho.
So maybe Lenny will go back to the LFS.

as for the feather duster.... I don't even care anymore. If it dies, well I tried. I have filter feeder food but I'm not going to comprimise my water quality for a feather duster. It was attached to the LR and I thought "Hey its a free feather duster."
I'm getting a little nervous about trying to keep such a small tank.

speg

Originally Posted by Handbanana
http:///forum/post/3272501
It does sound like a pain. I just don't want to get rid of Lenny. I don't want him to be mantis food either tho.
So maybe Lenny will go back to the LFS.

as for the feather duster.... I don't even care anymore. If it dies, well I tried. I have filter feeder food but I'm not going to comprimise my water quality for a feather duster. It was attached to the LR and I thought "Hey its a free feather duster."
I'm getting a little nervous about trying to keep such a small tank.
Don't be nervous. It's not that hard, but just remember that small changes can make BIG differences. It's important to keep an eye on everything daily--or even a couple times a day :)
I've been having heat issues in mine so I've been freezing RO water into large icecubes and droppin them in as my top-off water.
Good luck :)
ps: just get a refugium going for poor Lenny ;)

handbanana

Thanks! I found a LFS that had tiny frags for 2.00 and I really wanted them.
The 3rd pic is my hammer coral. I don't think its happy under the lighting its recieving. Its really hard to place tho. I might have to glue it to a rock or something.

handbanana

Well last night I added my sack of Chemi-pure and a sack of carbon. I also removed the bio-balls which were riddled witth brittle stars for some reason. Im working on a small skimmer box for the top intake to create surface turbulance.
Im making it out of a cassette tape case.

handbanana

I am lovin this tank,
It was riddled with Aiptasia and The peppermint Ignored them for about a week, Then One morning they are completely gone. With one Pep! what are the odds??
So Im pretty stoked, Plus I found a weird color changing snail with half a shell. I'll put that in the next post.

handbanana

Is there something wrong with My Zoas? They seem to be turning inside out. Perhaps they need more light? I really dont know.
Also I think this snail can change colors.

handbanana

So I added some new LR today. I found a really Bi##### piece covered in polyps of some sort. I see some green skirts and orange so I'm realllllllly excited. I cant wait to see what they turn out to be. The best part, I did not get charged for the piece of priemium LR. It was hidden under many large pieces and I miticously arranged the LR in their bin and found the piece. The guy who helped me was really excited to find out what they are so he did me a solid I guess.
So I also got a purple fire fish who just went in after Aclimation for almost two hours. Its lights out for a bit now.
I am adding the Hydor Flo Deflector soon. I bought one, just dont feel like putting it on right now. I discovered its gear drivin so I am imagining it will require a bit of maitnence.
Im really excited to see the lil fire fish come out.