Banded Cat Shark n Angler compatability

osaleem33

Hello, I have a 2.5 feet banded cat shark about 2 years old in a 300 gallon tank along with 15 in jack, 8 in porcpuffer, 10 in grouper. all living together for over a year now... My question is I purchased a 8-9 in black angler/frogfish currently in my 100 gallon quarantine tank and want to know if it will be compatible with the shark.
thank you

aw2x3

You put an 8" - 9" Angler (it can only be a Commerson's) in that 300gal. tank and you're be missing the Porc, the Grouper and possibly the Jack.
That is, if your shark doesnt eat it first.

osaleem33

like i said the puffer, grouper, and jack been together for over 1 year with no problems at all, the shark doesn't bother any of them and the puffer doesnt bother the shark

mitsutech

Originally Posted by osaleem33
Hello, I have a 2.5 feet banded cat shark about 2 years old in a 300 gallon tank along with 15 in jack, 8 in porcpuffer, 10 in grouper. all living together for over a year now... My question is I purchased a 8-9 in black angler/frogfish currently in my 100 gallon quarantine tank and want to know if it will be compatible with the shark.
thank you
You would be amazed at what can fit in these guys mouths.I understand the want on your part but remember the risk.Sometimes you can break rules and be o k it is on the individual aquarist to make that decision.Rember its up to you,I have seen these guys take fish in there mouths 2 times the size of them and then hours later spit it out leaving you with a mess and a dead fish.On the other hand i had a saragassm that lived with a bunch of fish including apair of perculas and the only thing that ever dissapeared was a pygmy angel.KEEP HIM WELL FED!!! and remember if you choose to get him and something happens its on you not the fish.

psusocr1

osaleem33 like i said the puffer, grouper, and jack been together for over 1 year with no problems at all, the shark doesn't bother any of them and the puffer doesnt bother the shark
like i said, eventually the puffer will pick the eyes out of your shark.. people just dont get that one day your shark wont have eyes.. they may evan be together for 4 years until it happens, but it will eventually happen.
if thats a risk your willing tot ake... good luck and thats fne, but i know i wouldnt put any of my animals in danger if i didnt have to