banded goby

dcm22

I still have a HUGE aglea problem in my tank. It has been running for three years now. 150g.This stuff grows long and thick. I was wondering if the banded gobies eat algea? I have tried all other suggetions. I use 5 stage R/O water ect. ect. no help. I am also going to try long spine urchin. I know they will eat all my beautiful coraline(which has totally taken over the tank) but it will grow back.:confused:

marco68

Is it hair algea or Bryopsis or what do you have a pic? I would try to locate where the extra nutrients the algea is feeding is coming from ie: water quality, heavy bioload, insufficient skimming etc.
I am not sure what you are calling a Banded Goby but I don't think they are algea eaters. You could try a Lawnmower Blennie or some type of Tang if you don't already have one or some. It really depends on what type of algea it is. Just my.02

Banded gobies will munch on it, mine pretty much cleared all the algae I had on the back of my tank. Some tangs will eat it to. Lawn mower blennys will also help out. But banded gobies can be a little aggressive and get 4+ inches. They have a very big mouth, mine ate a small two stripe damsel. Banded's will also sift the sand. Mine don't mess with any of my corals, polyps or mushrooms , but they say they will mess with them. I'd check your lighting , maybe one of your lights is old and is starting to throw the wrong spectrum and growing algae , or they are on to long it is hard to say. Here is my banded gobie. I like them ! They are also called dragon gobies. Don't get an urchin, after they get done lunching on the coral line there is a rather ugly white on the rocks. I didn't care for it at all. Hope this helps !