banggai cardinal help

aquapod 24

I just set up a 15 gallon with the intentions of breeding banggai cardinalfish anout a month ago. well i bought 2 teenage banggais and they really seemed like a pair. well the male died 2 nights ago and now the female doesnt look too hot. she is on the bottom breathing heavily and not moving mutch. i sadly do not think she will make it throught the night. they were all acting fine for a couple of weeks and eating great but now it seems like something has hit them and killed them both. i have no idea why they died and it all came on so suddenly. the only clue of what is wrong with them is they both developed little red spots on the base of their dorsalfin and tail. i noticed this about a week ago but they were both fine then.i have no idea what is happening! is it possible that they picked up some disease at the fish store because they were only in there for a day before i got them? all my params are great and im sure the tank was cycled before i got the fish. can anyone shead some light on this situation for me? are these red dots common in banggais? (i would have posted about this earlier but the internet was down and we just had someone fix it today)