Banggai Question

toadstar

Hello all,
I was off for a while and now decided to restart my reef tank again. I am trying to obtain a pair of Banggai cardinal and attempt to breed them. However, I don't have much luck. I bought 5 banggai (less than 2 inches) recently. Once they are in the tank, they are fighting each other. One chasing the other non stop. Two died and three remaining. I don't know what to do. What is the odd that I have all 5 males? If not, what happen? Need some help. Thanks

bustedup21

If they are like clarkii the big feamale will make a male out of a femaile. might check that out to see if it works the same way.
:hilarious :hilarious :hilarious :hilarious
Steve

S

sebae0

i thought 5 was the minimun to get atleast one of a different ---, just wait it out and see what happens with the last 3. maybe if your lucky you"ll get 1 male 2 females, also i don't beleive bangaii's can change sexes like clowns do. bangguy would know for sure .

clarkiiclo

Is that a bristleworm?!?!?!?:scared:
THAT IS BIG. I would have freaked if I would have found that thing!

toadstar

:jumping:
Thanks for you input. I was busy to come up with a better resolution with my banggai cardinals. Two of my banggai cardinals final pair off and try to kill the third one. It looks like I have two males and one female. However, my female cardinal is getting thinner each day. It looks like luck is not on my side. I likely will loose the female due to internal parasite. The other two males are doing great. Maybe I should put in the Classified section to see if anyone want to trade with me? Anyone is interested? I live in Florida, Fort lauderdale.