banner butterfly

denny80688

This saturday I will be making an addition to my FOWLR tank. Its been about 2 months since I last added any fish so Im ready to add again. Im going to be picking up a banner butterflyand wanted to know if there is anything special to look for when picking the new fish. Any special care needed? I read about them in the concentious marine aquarist (sp?) and also online but was hoping for some feedback from people who own them or have previously owned them..
thanks,
Dennis

molamola

I'd go for a smaller one because they can be pretty nasty to their tankmates. Their favorite thing to go for are the eyes. Otherwise, no suggestions. They're pretty hardy.

joker_ca

mine get along well with everyone except for my dusters.....they're all dead or never come out with the lights on anymore

denny80688

hmm didnt realize they were agressive like that. So far the tank has 4 green chromis, a hippo tang, and a flase perc. so needless to say Im very under stocked for a 125. would providing a lot of hiding places aid in fish being less agressive?

joker_ca

THEY SHOULD BE FINE WITH THE FISH YOU HAVE JUST REMEMBER TO BUY THEM AS A GROUP OR U MIGHT HAVE TROUBLE ADDING MORE LATER ON

denny80688

so its best to keep mopre then one banner? I planned to add an emperor angel, LMB, and possibly another tang down the road... If I have 2 butterflys I would need to rethink my stocking list.

denny80688

hmm ok. Well my 125 should be able to sustain 1 or 2 of them. its very understocked right now.
thanks for all the help