baracuda

balistidae

the price sounds good but i cant say i recomend this fish. They are extremely agressive and will most likely not get along with anything in your tank. They also get VERY large and require a tank to suit. If you are looking for something agressive do some research on triggers!! hope this helps

Don't ever put your hand in the tank is all I can say. Scary and can take your finger off and you would never even see it happen.
Rich

triggeraa

Barracudas aren't aggresive at all in an aquarium. They are rather delicate as a juvenile. They tend to be shy and hide when small. They do grow very large, so a big system would be required. $20.00 dollars for a juvenile is a great price.

xdetroiter

$20 is similar to what they ask for a young Alligator Gar & both fish are not only eating machines but grow forever. I love predatory fish but some are better left in the oceans or lakes.

leopard_babe

I just read that a recommended tank size for one is like
500-600 gallons. That is a big a$$ fish. Did you ever see the teeth on one of those things??? VERY SCARY
Found that stuff that I was reading. Here:
Minimum Tank Size: 500 gallons
Care Level: Expert Only
Tank Conditions: 72-78°F; sg 1.020-1.025; pH 8.1-8.4; dKH 8-12
Temperament: Aggressive
Max. Size In Aquarium: Up to 7'
Reef Compatible: No
Diet: Carnivore
Compatibility: View Chart
Origin: Caribbean
Family: Sphyraenidae
The Great Barracuda is an extremely large fish with a silvery silhouette.
It is a very hardy, long-lived, aggressive, and difficult to house with any other fish smaller than itself. A 150 gallon or larger aquarium is sufficient to start with as a juvenile. As an adult, it will require as much room to swim as possible in a 500 gallon or larger tank; long aquariums or circular raceways are preferred.
The diet of the Great Barracuda consists of smaller feeder fish and chunks of other meaty foods.

tony detroit

Sites that sell sharks and rays vastly underrate a actual size that is comfortable for the fish. Probably the same for 500gal for a barracuda. Unless you can get a zoo to line up a second home, which they usually will not because of possibility of parasites I would strongly recommend you do not do it. You can call aquarium maintenance, system setup companies sometimes they set up large systems and can take big fish off your hands.