Barracuda

condork12

i know someone who had a 3ft baracude that ripped 2 of his 4ft leopards in half they are vicious fish. they also grow a mile a minute

sharkguy1

Ya baracudas are scary . Once I was snorkeling in the carribean and all these sargent marjors were following me so I started fliking my fin at them then I stopped and right behind me about 5ft away a large baracudas was watching. It was about almost 5ft. He freaked me out.

chandler04

Yup. I was snorkeling in this lil lagoon type place and saw one maybe a foot and ahalf, still scary. Another time I was snorkeling the reef off of Cancun and saw a huge one at a distance. Vicious creatures. Condork, wat size tank did he have em in? I think barracudas need like atleast a 500 circuit tank (circular) or 1000 gallons cuz they do like to swim.

flatzboy

I catch 3-6ft. barrucudas out here in the gulf all the time. There are millions of them over here, every reef aroungd here has at least 300-500 of them not lieing either.

wocka

i was snorkeling a while back and my friend goes come over here to look and this giant barracuda and i told him i was seeing things and turned around it was 4' i was so scared i just onto these rocks so quick. i went to another reef and me and the same kid saw a 4-5' one and a 5'-6' barracuda. they dont seem to harm us so were not too scared unless they suprise us.. all the ones ive seen just float around

condork12

yah ive seen them up to 7ft scubadiving of the yucatan penninsula. im more scared of them then 14ft nurse sharks.

chandler04

I have scuba dived with 3 10 footers, 4 7 foot reef tips, and miscellaneous other smaller ones at some aquarium place in mexico. I wa slightly scared......

I

irenicus

Wow... I'm scared / slightly excited to go scubadiving / snorkeling on my honeymoon now.
A little off topic, we want to go to mexico somewhere... where would be a nice scuba diving / resort type place to go? Any suggestions?

condork12

Iberostar palace in playa del carmen it is about an hour south from cancun, but is nothing like cancun, much much nicer . great place been there 5 times. thats were i saw all these sharks and baracudas. the hotel has wildlife walks that you walk threw to get to the beach and pool there are tons of cool things there i love it.

innsmouth

I saw a Great barracuda that was at least 7ft long in the Dry Tortugas this past May. It made the tarpon look small. When you get inot that kinda situation you try to tell yourself they're harmless to divers and snorklers but when you see that ugly maw starin you down it's tough. He followed me for awhile too of course. I shook him in the sunken cannons by the beach. Too much structure for his big ass I guess. Pretty unnerving. The nurse sharks didn't bother me at all. The jewfish was scarier than them. If you ever get a chance to dive or snorkel out there check it out. All the animals are really used to people and have lost their fear of us over the years.

chandler04

Most resorts in or around cancun are great. Just dont drink the tap water.... There is a reef, big one, really close to cancun. stay in that general area and ull have good diving/snorkeling

flatzboy

Nurse sharks won't hurt you at all. The black tips can get pretty agressive. I dived with nurse sharks millions of times here in florida they never bother me. I touch them sometimes and they still don't bother me. Nurses are usualy at the majority of the dive sites. The ones you really got to worry about are the bulls.