barracudas

volitan100

anyone have success with these fish? I went to the lfs today and they had 4in barracudas! I just dont believe that those little guys can turn into a big monster.

fishieness

they will get over 4 feet long..... And because of their super stongness (i know, a very scientific word...) and their hydro-dynamic body, they can and need to swim in huge tanks.... Also, i would be surprised if it would eat everything in your tanks.... no matter how big it is... They are agressive little suckers... i dont have one, but i have heard. i dont recomend for you to get one though

sharkguy1

They had one at the store I go to. I allways thought that this species wouldnt require that much of space as thougth of. I would think 500gs would b enough.They are just like the freshwater musky which I go fishing for. There mostly hovering in the open not swimming until food or danger enters.

reefeel

I went to my lfs last weekend and they had 3 baby barracudas in a tank with other fish :scared: and people were actually buying them:scared:.

matt52

my lfs has a barracuda in a 300g its about 2ft long and I watched it eat some damsels they were gone in a flash they say it just sits in the corner untill food enters the tank and then well the rest is history:eek:

ssg_mm

WOW! I thought my LFS was extraordinary for carrying barracuda. They have 2 and both are about 3''.
Super sweet fish and would love to own one.
I also watched them eat. It's like they have radar and the damsels had honing beacons!
Nature is AWESOME!

adam13

assuming your tank is big enought they leave other fish alone for the most part unless the fish are sick. Not damsels or other small fish, but other large fish are fine with them.

guineawhop

i've seen them around the same size in my lfs. i've gone scuba diving and been surrounded by hundreds of these suckers. very nerve racking. you just have to make sure you don't have anything shiny. they think it's food. on one particular dive i was in 50 feet of water near a reer and i there was a sunkin log or something and i went over it and on the other side there was this MASSIVE barracuda. it was a lot bigger and beefier than the one in the pic above. it's teeth were so long that it looked as though he couldn't shut his mouth stickin out everywhere like a macko sharks teeth but a bit longer. very scary....i swam the opposite direction to say the least

julius

i agree with evilss I think they should stay in the ocean, they get way to big to house imagine the feed bill