Base rock LR ?

spanko

Slight potential problem here is that you are still cycling if you are just now experiencing diatoms and you already have your clowns in there. They are pretty hardy and depending on where else the cycle goes they may be okay. Reding through your tank thread you have used mostly base rock and very little live rock by the looks of it. I would not add anything else for a few weeks now and just let the tank stabilize some.
Slow down a little, enjoy what you have now and watch the tank parameters. If you start to see some ammonia, because you have increased the bio-load in the tank with the fish, be ready with some newly mixed salt water to do a water change.

silverdak

ok the diatoms have been there for a while now.. and today I got in from work and it looked like that rock was covered in little browm dots... kind of like fish poo.... I grabbed my stuff for a water change (only a gallon this time) and sucked them all off the rock... is this how Diatoms go away now? will everythign be ok or is this a really bad sign?
thanks!

shroomie2u

you will prolly see alot of things pop up in the next few months, just take it slow and enjoy. tank looks good and your clowns look happy.