base rock? where can you find it?

caestrada

does anyone know a great place to find base rock? or in other word, what kind of rock can i place in my tank? I have some live rock, but i dont want to send any more money on rocks. so does anyone have any suggestions

vavoom

I know that you don't too spend anymore $$$, but there is a guy on ---- that sells base rock from Hawaii pretty cheap. Just do a search on base rock. I bought a 100lbs, it's pretty good, just need to wash it really good, as it' kinda of dirty, but looks nice.
Rob

z28

i use lace lava......its only .75/pound around here.............i boil it and let it cool overnite then ao my add 10-15 lbs at a time to my refugium..............gets corralined pretty fast and looks awsome.......comes in all kinds a shapes and sizes...plus there are plenty of kooks and nannies for critters!!!!!!!!

caestrada

i hate to sound like i dont know what you are talking about, but i dont. can you give me a few more details on this rock you are talking about and where i can find it? do you have any pics?
thanks

z28

i find it at any place that sells all kinds of landscaping materials.......especially if they do custom koi ponds