Basement Sump Update

acrylic51

Cool can't wait to see what you come up with....the rubbermaids are nice, but trying to get baffles in are another subject

reefdweler

I saw somewhere a post where the guy used the sterilite containers instead of the rubbermaid and just connected them with bulkheads and pvc, also another guy used smaller container inside the larger one. They both did this due to the difficulty of installing baffles in the rubbermaid type containers.

fishking

i got time to plan so i might get a brute trash can as possible baffle or a plastic container and put baffles in it

sleasia

I'm using a sterlite 50 gallon container for a sump. Has been going now for 3 months a little noisy, but soon to be plumbed to the basement, and the best filter I have ever had. I have another sterlite 20 gallon for the bioball chamber which sits up on top of the 50 gallon.. I have pics on another diy wet dry thread somewhere in here. No ill effects from using the plastic stuff that I can see yet.

fishking

no srry wont be starting actual plumbing and everything till my xmas vacation or possibly a little earlier, right now im in the process of getting a list of equipment to so my dad

fishking

sum equipment im planning are 2 phosban reactors, asm g5 skimmer, panworld 150ps external pump, 2 250 wt jager heaters, 2 dj control centers and a 150 gal rubbermaid stock tank