bathroom vanity for a tank stand

as a b-day gift, my husband has offered to buy me a 125 gal. I am going to build my own stand. I have a lot of wood that I get free from work but I was at a flea market today and saw some bathroom vanity cabinets and thought "why couldnt I take one of these and reinforce it and use it for a stand?" Anyway, I wanted some advice on this first so I didn't buy one yet till I hear from you guys.

fishfreek

Sure, it will work fine. I work at a cabinet shop and i used a 30" vanity for a tank stand for my 29g. If you want to use one i suggest cutting off the toe kick section to give the cabinet more serfice area to sit on and lower it a bit. You could also put a wood top on it or just fashon some flat molding on top for the tank to rest on.

I would beef up the sides and partitions a bit depending on the cabinet style you choose. Standard vanities arn't designed to support the weight of a tank.

that's good news for me. The flea market here has some pretty nice ones the size i'll need for cheap. Thanks for the info.