Battery back up systems?

dburr

I just built one that I got off from another forum. It uses a inverter, charger and a tpdt relay. I still need to find a decent deep cycle battery. He ran a meg drive 1800 for 8 hours oa a 95 ah battery, not bad.
I have a mag drive 9.5, so i should be aleast that.
HTH

tahoe ocean

I use one! I love it! I use it for about 5 min every 30 min when the power is out. last power outage was in Dec. for 2 days! I didn't lose a single thing.:) :)

tahoe ocean

A cave! Haha nope, just Tahoe, but the snow storm knocked out 2 of the 3 main power lines in to the basin.
Hense the need for the battery back ups.
Also, during power outages, we wrap the tank in either space blankets or bubble wrap to save the heat.
Hope no one needs to use this info, but hope it helps if anyone ever does need it.

If you live in a house, a generator is the best and most reliable and longest lasting power source. If you live in an apartment, the neighbors may not appreciate the noise of a generator or it may be just plain inconvenient to get access to it from your unit. I guess then you'll have to get creative and find the next best source of reliable power.
Tahoe Ocean--I used to live in the Napa Valley and we traveled to Tahoe regularly just to hang out and enjoy some snow! It was great to be able to plan a day in the snow and then leave when it got too cold and return to a more temperate climate. I love to visit there though and always have fun driving around the lake and hiking around. Is the set of Bonanza still there?
P.S. We now live in the freezing cold gray overcast drab yucky north. I sure will be glad when spring arrives!

saltyh20

I lost power for 5 days I lost every thing. I have electric heat in the apartment and the fish tank. I went ti home depot they do not carry anything like a battery generator. Checked out Radio shackand got the same answer. Where do people get these bakups?