bay area...

marinfire1

first off...where in the bay area do u get fish...and prices...and second...whats the best store that u can think of? :jumping:

sharkboy13

r u in monteray bay? id imagine u could go to the aquarium and just do ur own selection "ok i think ill put the great white in my 55, that school of fish in my 125 and that beluga in my 20"

reefforbrains

Fish Fish and more Fish is off 27th ave, small shop but nice guys and what they lack in selection that make up for with cleanliness
6th Ave aquarium- its actually on Clement in between 5th and 6th in SF. Its a total rathole, complete with rude salespeople and a funky smell, but if you know what your doing they have the best prices. But know what your looking at if you go there. They dont have the best practices due to such small shop and crazy volume. Also check out thier Sunday morning bargain sale. They only keep items in the store for one week, so on Sundays at 10am when they open everything is all prebagged and discounted up to 75% to make room for the new shipments. Part of the fun about going there is who knows what they will have.

marinfire1

where is pets n ponds? i hate 6th ave veryyyy unhealthy fisht there...fish fish n more fish i just found a few weeks ago and i love it...very nice store

reefforbrains

In fish fish and more fish, did you see the pink colt they have in the front window?, I just adore that thing. I think theyre prices are a bit rediculous on SPS but they have a great selection of Dry Goods.
Someone else recommended pets and ponds. Been a while, nice enough place but just want impressed. Totally not bashin though.

marinfire1

ya that colt is amazing some coral is good priced and it healthy stuff well looks like it is and the equip. isnt that much above cost compaired to most stores who jack it up 15%