BB Etiquette

kris

Lately there have been some posts that have been getting a little out hand. One guy said he refused to take part in our board due to all the "flaming", (amongst other reasons which I disagreed with, but that's beside the point.) I realize there are issues we feel strongly about,but come on guys BE NICE. Don't share your opinion unless you are able to respect another, however different it may be.
Thanks,
Kris

lovethesalt

i find it funny that the post you are talking about has disappeared.i came back to check the replys and viola it was miissing.i agree with you 100%-i read 5 different marine bb's freq.(the more i read the more i learn)this was my first bb and i keep coming back because of the great info i got but your right it is way political and tends to flame.i'm not bitchin cuz like someone said once if you dont like it dont read it.but it willhave an affect on attendance in the future.again i dont judge-- each to his own.

kris

I wish it had been limited to just one post, I would not have mentioned it had I not seen a trend developing.

kris

I'll give you the amusing part sundog, as I have gotten quite a few laughs, but when a post gets to the point of personal attacks on one another it is no longer helpful or informative. Please, understand that in no way am I implying that one should not feel free to share, because you are correct in that we often times learn more from the disagreements.

N

niteshift

I am new to this BB but, i have to say I hate to see someone who is asking a legitimate question get flamed. I everyone comes here to learn. Not to be told how stupid they are. just my .02 cents
Chelle

ktwheet

Free speech argument aside, I think everyone needs to keep in mind that this board is provided by a business. That gives them the right to set up rules and regulations about subject matter and etiquette. If you want to be able to say whatever you want, set up your own. saltwaterfish.com and the moderators have every right to regulate this part of the business site in order to ensure that it does not reflect poorly on their business.