BCS is officially a joke

kjr_trig

So this is what we are stuck with...Ohio St vs LSU in the title game, I have no problem with LSU even though they have 2 loses, but Ohio St
whom beat Youngstown St, Kent St, and Akron out of conference, not to mention my hapless Washington Husky's...gimme a break. Then instead of Georgia vs USC, we get Hawaii vs Georgia (Georgia will probably be favored by 17), and USC vs Illinois (USC will be 21 point favorite I predict).....

DOWN WITH THE BCS!!!!

mike22cha

Yep the BCS stinks and we all know it. Hope they do change the system once they get a chance.
The Sooners will play West Virginia, which is kinda disappointing. I mean they only lost because of an injured QB, but I was looking forward to playing Georgia.

jmick

Yeah, I was a little surprised to see some of the matchups but I am happy that Illinois got into the Rosebowl. USC might be favored by 17 points but I can gaurantee IL is far better team then that and might surprise a few people.

bjoe23

its been a joke for a couple of years, but this year it is offical. Just the ranks of some teams you have to look at it twice to make sure its 5 not 15 or something

wingzfan

Originally Posted by Jmick
Yeah, I was a little surprised to see some of the matchups but I am happy that Illinois got into the Rosebowl. USC might be favored by 17 points but I can gaurantee IL is far better team then that and might surprise a few people.
I agree 100% on that one and LSU Ohio St will be good game

rudedog40

It's sad the colleges have full control over the College Football program. It all boils down to bowl money. They'll never let it go. Not only did OSU have a weak schedule, but the only reason they are there is because they didn't have a conference title game. Missouri and West Virginia get hosed because they had to play one extra game. I think they should have ignored the conference games and sent Missouri on their undefeated regular season.

mike22cha

Originally Posted by rudedog40
It's sad the colleges have full control over the College Football program. It all boils down to bowl money. They'll never let it go. Not only did OSU have a weak schedule, but the only reason they are there is because they didn't have a conference title game. Missouri and West Virginia get hosed because they had to play one extra game. I think they should have ignored the conference games and sent Missouri on their undefeated regular season.
Mizzou should have been sent to the National Championship?!

They got creamed by OU, and the Big 12 North, there are only 2 good teams: Kansas and Illionis. Again, I don't like when teams think they're all that, but never play someone like USC, or LSU, or FU, or OU, etc in the reg. season.

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha

They got creamed by OU, and the Big 12 North, there are only 2 good teams: Kansas and Illionis. Again, I don't like when teams think they're all that, but never play someone like USC, or LSU, or FU, or OU, etc in the reg. season.
Illinois is A. Not in the Big 12....and B. Not Good.

mike22cha

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
Oops, sorry. My bad, had a dumb moment there.

kjr_trig

I feel kind of bad being harsh to THE Ohio St. They are one of the top 5 programs in the country, and Tressel is one of the best coaches around, but the voters should have punished them for their out of conference schedule.

mike22cha

Well obviously the BSC and sports analyzists thought they were decent.

rudedog40

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha

Yea UT Austin really sucks. The problem with the Big 12 is they don't have enough money to BUY players like OSU, Miami, Florida, and all the other East teams have. The BCS system is always biased towards the East teams, no matter how bad they are or how weak their schedules are. They base strength of schedule on ratings 5 or more years ago. Miami and FSU suck, yet next year they'll still get ranked higher at the beginning of the season over half the Big 12 teams. Look at NBC (Notre Dame Broadcasting Company). I get sick of having to watch that team that my local high school team could beat EVERY Saturday during the college season. The college system doesn't think any team west of the Mississippi is good.

jmick

So, how many of IL's games did you watch this year to draw this conclusion?

spyder78

Yeah, it is too bad that the college championship game has to be soooooo heavily influenced by money. But hey, at least my boys in Purple and Gold squeaked into the big game in the Dome. Geaux Tigers!

reefraff

Make that the BSC.
LSU loses the last regular season game to an unranked team and then stumbles their way to a win against an 8-4 team in the conference championship and they go to the game? Yep, BS for sure.

ctm474

Originally Posted by rudedog40
Missouri didn't go undefeated, they lost to Oklahoma...twice. West Virginia is in the Big East and they don't play a conference championship.
The problem isn't only the BCS, the problem is also the polls. If they were to get rid of the preseason poll and then not have a poll until week 4 - that would get rid of highly ranked teams that don't play a difficult schedule. If you start the year as #1 and then never lose playing a weak schedule - you'll end the year at #1. Now if there was no preseason poll a 3-1 team with a tougher schedule might have the advantage over a team like Ohio State and their cup cake schedule.
In the end, Ohio State will play LSU and up their record in bowl games to 0-9 vs the SEC.

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by Jmick
So, how many of IL's games did you watch this year to draw this conclusion?
OK, so I over stated that a bit, I watched them play OSU, and Juice is fun to watch and Zook is doing a great job...However, I would much rather watch Georgia play USC than watch USC hammer (and they will hammer them) Illinois, and Georgia hammer Hawaii. I also think Mizzou (whom beat Illinois) was more deserving of a BCS game, so was ASU, and Florida.

rylan1

Ohio State is deserving of being in the "Big Game" There only loss came to a team that is going to the Rose Bowl. LSU however is the questionable team jumping from 7th to 2nd. They've played many close games this year, they also had some powder puffs on their schedule such as Louisana Tech and Middle Tennessee. OSU played ranked teams such as Penn St, Wisconsin, Michigan.

danieljames

hey hey hey....eassssy now.....actually I can't say I didn't expect to see OSU with a crappy record this year....they've had pretty easy go....but they've been a dominant team for a long time....Agreed OSU and LSU will be a long day of bar hoping and screaming!