BCS is officially a joke

ctm474

Originally Posted by Rylan1
Many people are saying USC and Okla are the best teams. And a loss is a loss.
That's the whole point of college football, a loss isn't a loss. Losing to Central Michigan and losing to Oregon are two different things. That's the whole point of the arguement. It who you play and who you lose to. LSU played a difficult schedule and they are in the title game because they won the toughest conference in college football. I personally don't think that OSU belongs there, but that's why I don't get a vote.

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by ctm474
That's the whole point of college football, a loss isn't a loss. Losing to Central Michigan and losing to Oregon are two different things. That's the whole point of the arguement. It who you play and who you lose to. LSU played a difficult schedule and they are in the title game because they won the toughest conference in college football. I personally don't think that OSU belongs there, but that's why I don't get a vote.
HA...I wouldn't even have OSU in a four team playoff....LSU Georgia USC and Va Tech...Tough leaving out Oklahoma, but they have been a joke in BCS games thus far.

Also, just a curiousity question. If Ohio State were to beat LSU would then would you change your mind and say they belong. I am just curious, I am not saying OSU is going to win. Just would like to know if that would change peoples views of The Buckeyes.

ctm474

VT is automatically out because LSU beat them by 41. Georgia is out because they didn't win their conference. If I was to choose a game that I wanted to see the most - it would be LSU vs Oklahoma.
I really tought that Oregon was the best team in the country with a healthy Dennis Dixon

kjr_trig

VT is automatically out because LSU beat them by 41. Georgia is out because they didn't win their conference. If I was to choose a game that I wanted to see the most - it would be LSU vs Oklahoma.
I really tought that Oregon was the best team in the country with a healthy Dennis Dixon
I agree about Oregon...My view is a little strange, but the goal is to have the 2 best teams in the country play in the BCS Title Game, right? Why not have the odds makers in Vegas decide, they know more than any of us...I guarantee, they would have OSU as an underdog to not only LSU, but easily to Georgia, and USC, and possibly to Va Tech and Oklahoma...Yeah, impossible I know, but it would get the two best teams together.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
I agree about Oregon...My view is a little strange, but the goal is to have the 2 best teams in the country play in the BCS Title Game, right? Why not have the odds makers in Vegas decide, they know more than any of us...I guarantee, they would have OSU as an underdog to not only LSU, but easily to Georgia, and USC, and possibly to Va Tech and Oklahoma...Yeah, impossible I know, but it would get the two best teams together.

You laugh at the end, but those guys know their stuff, it is funny how most over/unders are very very very close. I'd bet if we'd let these guys spy for a team, and make a game plan to facilitate the goodguys strengths and the bad guys weeknesses, they would be very good.

digitydash

Originally Posted by rudedog40
Yea UT Austin really sucks. The problem with the Big 12 is they don't have enough money to BUY players like OSU, Miami, Florida, and all the other East teams have. The BCS system is always biased towards the East teams, no matter how bad they are or how weak their schedules are. They base strength of schedule on ratings 5 or more years ago. Miami and FSU suck, yet next year they'll still get ranked higher at the beginning of the season over half the Big 12 teams. Look at NBC (Notre Dame Broadcasting Company). I get sick of having to watch that team that my local high school team could beat EVERY Saturday during the college season. The college system doesn't think any team west of the Mississippi is good.
I will give you the one with fsu and um sucking the past couple of years.If your teams want to get better they need to play some elite teams.Buying player where did you get that?Its called championship caliber teams and TV rating.Hate them all you want that what it comes down to the almighty $.Even then their only a couple I would watch to begin with out of the big 12 and they both come from the south confence.If you asked me it should of been 2 SEC team they play brutal schedules a 2 or 3 lose team is way better then a 1 loss team in a week div and out of confrence schedule.

ctm474

Originally Posted by digitydash
I will give you the one with fsu and um sucking the past couple of years.If your teams want to get better they need to play some elite teams.Buying player where did you get that?Its called championship caliber teams and TV rating.Hate them all you want that what it comes down to the almighty $.Even then their only a couple I would watch to begin with out of the big 12 and they both come from the south confence.If you asked me it should of been 2 SEC team they play brutal schedules a 2 or 3 lose team is way better then a 1 loss team in a week div and out of confrence schedule.

But at least FSU and Miami schedule difficult non conference games. Not only do they play each other, but their schedules included Oklahoma, Colorado, Florida, Alabama, Texas A&M.

reefraff

Originally Posted by BTB9000
LSU is the best team in the country. They lost to two SEC rivals. SEC is the hardest conference in the country. The also lost BOTH of those games in 3OT.

LSU is a joke. They didn't beat anyone but 2 rent A victims and Old Miss by more than a touchdown their last nine games of the season to go along with 2 losses. That my friend isn't the record of a dominent team, especially when the losses come from Kentucky who was 3-5 in conference and Arkansas who did manage a 4-4 conference record. Neither team even ended up in the top 25.

btb9000

Originally Posted by reefraff
LSU is a joke. They didn't beat anyone but 2 rent A victims and Old Miss by more than a touchdown their last nine games of the season to go along with 2 losses. That my friend isn't the record of a dominent team, especially when the losses come from Kentucky who was 3-5 in conference and Arkansas who did manage a 4-4 conference record. Neither team even ended up in the top 25.
LOL...

Does Montana even have a D-1A team?

ctm474

Arkansas and UK are both going to bowl games and they went 4-4 and 3-5 in a conference with 6 teams in the top 25 (yes, that's the most). So keep in mind that those are conference records in the toughest division in all of college football.
...and Arkansas is ranked #25

rylan1

Arkansas and UK are both going to bowl games and they went 4-4 and 3-5 in a conference with 6 teams in the top 25 (yes, that's the most). So keep in mind that those are conference records in the toughest division in all of college football.
depends on what poll you look at... one I saw had them at 27th.
LSU wasn't the dominant team I expected after that VT beat down. My opinion is if they played again, the result would be different.

kjr_trig

depends on what poll you look at... one I saw had them at 27th.
LSU wasn't the dominant team I expected after that VT beat down. My opinion is if they played again, the result would be different.
No question about that, Va Techs QB was a detriment at the beginning of the year...He is playing very well now, they are a completely different team....I think they will beat KU.

reefraff

Originally Posted by BTB9000
LOL...

Does Montana even have a D-1A team?

No and from what I hear (dont live there any more) the 1-AA team in Missoula has more players in jail than the locker room

reefraff

Isn't hard to get teams ranked when they pad their stats by starting off the year playing 3 or 4 out of conference games against teams like the university of goatsnatch.

luca brasi

They played 3 teams who were ranked in top 25 at the time they played them.
But where are those teams LSU beat now
S Carolina = out of the top 40
Auburn= 23rd
Alabama= out of the top 40
Flordia=12th
Tennessee = 16th
They were beaten by the 38th ranked Wildcats and the 27th ranked Razorbacks.
But it really doesn't matter. OSU is in the game and I hope they win so they can shut up all the haters out there.

Looking at the OSU schedule and the BCSrankings, I see-
Illinois at #13 - L 28-21
Wisconsin at #18 - W 38-17
Looking at LSU's-
Virginia Tech at #3 - W 48-7
Florida at #12 - W 28-24
Tennessee at #16 - W 21-14
Auburn at # 23 - W 30-24
On paper it looks like a bad match-up for OSU as LSU is a very fast team on both sides of the ball. Same as last years title game, bad match-up. While I don't see a rout,( as LSU seems incapable of late), I don't see an OSU W either...

luca brasi

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
Well for anyone curious, the opening lines on some of the BCS games are as follows
LSU favored by 5 1/2 over OSU
Oklahoma by 6 over WVU
Georgia by 10 1/2 over Hawaii
USC by 13 over Illinois
I'm not a gambler, I always find point spreads interesting though.
LSU wins by less than 5.5
Oklahoma cruises by more than 6
The rout is on! Georgia by 20
USC covers too

ctm474

Originally Posted by reefraff
Isn't hard to get teams ranked when they pad their stats by starting off the year playing 3 or 4 out of conference games against teams like the university of goatsnatch.

Oh, you mean like what OSU does every year?

I knew the Buckeye haters would be in full effect if we made it back to the top. Just remember the last time the Buckeyes didnt belong was in 2002 and they ended up becoming national champions. I am not saying that will happen this year. I beleive that LSU has the edge, but the Buckeyes didnt stand a chance against the mighty Hurricanes.