Beast Mappa Puffer Has Naso Tang For Lunch!

rara12

I would check yur levels as it seems rather unlikely for a mappa to jusy take out a naso out of the blue. Naso tangs are generally fast swimmers and can get away from a puffer it it needs to. How big was the naso and the mappa? I would think the puffer just took advantage of a dying/dead fish as a snack. Although im not saying that its impossible for the map to have just killed it (i have seen large puffers such as mappa and guinea foul puffers eat their tankmates)

fish1031

I have had it since just before Christmas... no agression seen before except at feeding time... and yes the mappa eats like a pig... i honestly don't know how much longer I can afford to feed it.

rara12

Well good luck with him, great looking fish. What other fish do you have? I saw a very nice looking queen in the one pic, stunning.

fish1031

thanks... i try to feed everyday... i have a queen angel, mappa puffer, lunare wrasse, yellow tang, pinktail trigger 180g

stdreb27

That doesn't suprise me too much, especially the size difference, in my mind I lump puffers in with Lion fish as far as fish eating aggressive behavior with a puffer being more nimble. They will make a meal out of smaller fish, although a 6 inch naso may be a bit of a stretch. And they eat alot my 7 inch dog face eats sooo much food, I can feed 3 or 4 oysters a day and they will be gone by the time they his the sand if I drop them in one at a time.

fish1031

Yeah I was pretty surprised... I'm going to up his feeding just so all my other fish don't dissappear.