Been Fighting with My Camera...

dogstar

Not bad for a full tank shot. Esp. when we have to downsize them to 500 pixals. You can host them larger at a hosting site like photobucket or imageshack and link to here from them. Downsizeing always reduces/harder to see details. Of coures the flash reflection spot is never a good thing.
Tank looks great BTW

squidd

I've got a thread down in the photo forum with a shot from a year ago...bright white, clear and accurate color...but for the life of me I can't remember or duplicate the setings...
All kinds of blue and green but not complete accuracy...Any suggestions..?

squidd

A couple more...

I like this rock lot's of colors...would look nice in a Nano...:thinking:

Last one for now...(out of 26 tries...)

robpsca

Originally Posted by Greg803
how big is your tank?
LOL do you ever seleep?
just wanted to say i found your post with leona yesterday. i've never in all my life laughed, frowned, took out pencil and paper and took notes so dilligently. LOL not even in nursing school!! some parts brought tears to mah eyes. blah blah. LOL i just wanted to say thank you!!!
i was amazed at the patients you had and im sure still have.
i sat and read the entire thing. took me 8 hours but i did it.
THANK YOU for giving your passion, experience and love for this hobby back to our community
PS Beautiful pics

oceana

adjust your white ballance IMO. pics are ok but washed otu a bit by the blue. the camera will pic up the actinic better then the sub 10k spectrum. when i get home i can show you the difference with and without white ballance adjustments

squidd

Originally Posted by oceana
adjust your white ballance IMO. pics are ok but washed otu a bit by the blue. the camera will pic up the actinic better then the sub 10k spectrum. when i get home i can show you the difference with and without white ballance adjustments
My white balance settings are ...indoor, outdoor, auto and hold...which one should I be using...?
I remember reading somewhere about holdig it up to a white sheet of paper and then locking it in...that sound right...?

squidd

i was amazed at the patients you had and im sure still have.
i sat and read the entire thing. took me 8 hours but i did it.
Sounds like your the one with patients...

That was quite the "epic".... Glad it's still helping...

oceana

Originally Posted by Squidd
My white balance settings are ...indoor, outdoor, auto and hold...which one should I be using...?
I remember reading somewhere about holdig it up to a white sheet of paper and then locking it in...that sound right...?

yes that sounds right for non manuel cameras. in your case sounds like you only have auto features which is not very desirable for the type of conditions we are taking pics of.
your best bet is to point it at a light chose auto and them go to your tank. other getting a new manuel camera your kind of out of luck and it will be hit or miss.