Beginner LPS?

cedarreef

I want go get some kind of LPS really badly, but I want one that is pretty easy to care for to start out with. I've been looking at frogspawn, candy canes, and some plates lately. Are these fairly easy to care for? I want something photosynthetic to start out with so please don't suggest a sun coral...although they are awesome... Would LPS also benefit from some marine snow n silversides? Thanks!

maxalmon

As long as you have basic reef keeping skills, you should be able to keep any of the above listed corals with no problem...

V

vonodie1

I too am a beginner... This is what I have as corals so far in my stock 29g BioCube and the order received. (been set up since 7/11)
1. Toadstool
2. Torch Coral
3. Frogspawn
4. Candy Cane
5. Blasto Merletti
6. Mushroom
7. Duncan
All are doing very well, except two days ago the mushroom up and decided to go hide and I don't know where it landed...
I am at a stopping point and not adding any more of anything at the moment. (I want a lot more, so this is hard for me). That is ONLY because I am going to be moving in the next few months and don't want it to be anymore difficult than it has to be to move.

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by CedarReef
http:///forum/post/2766691
I want go get some kind of LPS really badly, but I want one that is pretty easy to care for to start out with. I've been looking at frogspawn, candy canes, and some plates lately. Are these fairly easy to care for? I want something photosynthetic to start out with so please don't suggest a sun coral...although they are awesome... Would LPS also benefit from some marine snow n silversides? Thanks!
Acans and closed brains, just watch placement... they're not light lovers nor do they want ridiculous flow either. duncans are cool too and I'm a fan of pink euphyllias and green with pink tip hammers and frogspawn.. make sure you get what you pay for though... nothing like hating yourself for saving $10 over the WYSIWYG that is substantially better looking. Remember you can always frag later to recover costs.

cedarreef

I hear ya... I'm a pretty picky shopper when going out for anything that has to do with the tank... I'm always looking for the best quality n best deal second. I can't wait to get this reef going n stock it! I know I'll be fragging a lot considering I have xenia on my wish list lol... those things spread like weeds.