Being un-wasteful with waste water

could it be possible using a t valve to run the waste water from my ro/di unit through the feed tube again so i have no waste water?

todj2002

killer avitar! prolly not such a killer idea on filtering the waste water. seems it would plug ur filters quickly. thats my 2 cents

mscarpena

I am not positive, but I am going to say no. You want the contaminates to not be put back into your RO unit. You will plug yp your membrane faster.

camfish

No, you shouldn't do that. I know a guy with a setup that runs his tap through a few prefilters, then an ro, the clean water goes through DI and the waste water goes through another ro. The clean water from that goes through a DI and the waste water is collected in a big holding tank and is used for showers, watering plants, etc.

jackri

I wouldn't refilter it, but you could always use it for watering plants/trees etc if you're that concerned about wasting water.

saltygerman

I also remember seeing on here that someone runs their waste water line into their washing machine. I guess it would only be good for the cold water cycle?