Ben Spies World Superbike Champion

crypt keeper

This is amazing. He has never been to these tracks. He is a rookie. Broke all sorts of records. This is the first time in a verty long time an American has become the World Champion in Superbike. I also believe its the first time a rookie has ever done it.
Congrats!

tangman99

Thanks Man. Been gone all weekend on vacation and was going to watch the races we DVR'd tomorrow with my wife so been avoiding the bike boards. Thanks for just shouting it out without a spoiler alert.

crypt keeper

awwww man. I know how mad you are. They were showing the race at the bar I was during the games. I left and went to another one. I didnt even think people on here would be that serious into it. Sorry.

tangman99

Yeah, I was pizzed dude but I can celebrate with you now that I watched the last race tonight. Ben was amazing. 11 pole positions and he would have dominated if not for early season mishaps in being taken out and some mechanical issues. I'm curious how he is going to do in MotoGP next year. Totally different bike with all the electronics and he is like Nicky Hayden in that he can power a bike around. I hope he does well. He looked pretty good in the couple he ran in this year.

tx reef

I know Ben's dad from the Texas Fishing Forum. Always nice to see a (somewhat) local guy succeed.

crypt keeper

He will do well in moto gp. He is racing the next race on the Yamaha bike. Next seasons field is stacked. That kid from 250cc with the crazy hair who wins every race is moving up

crypt keeper

You have Rossi, Lorenzo, Stoner, Pedrosa all racing. Stoner looked solid in the rain and has won the last two GPs. Spies is used to the tracks though now. It will be fun. You only get 1 race per week

tangman99

Simocheli is the crazy looking dude. Bautista is moving up also. Motogp 250 class is going away being replaced with the new 600 cc in-line 4 class. Lorenzo is going to be tough next year if he can figure out how to stay on the bike. Stoner is back in force even though I can't stand him.
I want to see Ben do really well but Rossi is still the Man to beat!