Berghia nudibranch

wangotango

mine disappeared in my tank within a day. they arent very big and you will most likely need a large number of them to be effective.
-Justin

farslayer

Man, that's what I figured :( I was actually looking about breeding them in mason jars cause I figured one would disappear very soon. Thanks for the info.

slammy16

i have a website that sells them.
Also i purchased 2 for my 12g nano. Didnt see them much but, they did do the job my apistasia slowly just disappeared. They wont get rid of them real fast if thats what you want and also there are certain predetors to watch out for.
If interested in the website just email me
slammy16@charter.net

farslayer

I already found your website :) Very informative, and I may buy a few from you at some point, but I do need some quick destruction of aiptasia :)

reefer545

All day? It takes less than ten minutes. The only part that takes time is going and getting it. Which you caould also do online. So get off of this site, and go to the fish store, or go the dry goods section, I bet they have it here at Saltwaterfish.com. RESEARCH before discarding. It will be way better than buying some nudibranchs or syringes and trying feebly to get boiling water in the aiptasia.
Dont be so quick to judge.

farslayer

Uh, excuse me? Research and don't judge? Exactly where did that come from? I'm stuck with hundreds of these things and I wanted something to naturally prey on them so that I don't have to spend as much time eliminating aiptasia. If you think you can kill them all in 10 minutes be my guest.

reefer545

You have to be able to do at least 50 a minute. All you do is squirt a little across their mouth. You could easily do 35 per minute. So even if you had 350, it would only take about ten minutes. Maybe a little proactive action would have denied them the ability to multiply into hundreds.

hagfish

I have to agree that it is faster than you think to spray something like Joe's juice on these things. I've recently been squirting some distilled white vinegar at them. I probably had a hundred. I've just been taking 5 minutes every day or two to spray 'em. I think I've about cut the total in half.

reefer545

If you really just want to sit back and let the tank do the work, get peppermint shrimps. It sounds like you probably have a large enough tank to hold a good amount, and they apparently love to eat the

[hr]
. I truly am concerned, I just come a bit harsh when I dont feel like I am being taken seriously. Pepermints, I think would be a better choice than the nudibranchs, as they tend to just disappear, and take a while longer to make a difference. Good luck and let us know what happens.