Berlin Skimmer "Classic" HELP!

wildbunch

I can't get my skimmer to work. The pump is brand new, a RIO 2500. Which used to work fine. I now can't get the bubbles to go all the way up the lift tube.
The air nozzle is all the way open but not getting the flow or bubbles that I need.
Could the inlet to the Skimmer be clogged? Let me know what you think.
Thanks,
Mike

mr . salty

I believe your problem is not in the skimmer,but with that RIO.I have a 1700 that does the same thing.The air induction assesory is a piece of crap.The only solution I have found is to replace the whole pump.That is my next project.Right now I have an air pump with a wooden bubble block in the bottom of my skimmer.This makes up for the lack of bubbles from the pump. RIO pumps are notorious for problems.

stalyun95

OK I HAVE THE BERLIN TURBO SO IM KINDA FAMILIAR WITH THIS......YOU HAVE TOOOOO MUCH AIR GOING INTO THE SKIMMER TURN YOUR AIR DOWN AND SLOWLY LET A LITTLE IN AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS ALSO YOUR VENTURI PIECE MAY BE CLOGGED OR NOT INSTALLED ITS A LITTLE PIECE THAT GOES INSIDE THE OPENING WHERE YOUR RIO CONNECTS AND YOU SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A KEY TO BE ABLE TO TAKE IT IN AND OUT FOR CLEANING

wakesetter

The whole thing is crap! I have the same set up. Once you get it to flow right you will have "dry" foam. Then it will turn to wet foam, overflow the collection cup and make a huge mess (multiple messes for me). The Berlin system sucks my local fish store has like ten of them in a pile in their basement. I am looking for a new brand. Simple is best.

Wakesetter if you like simple the AquaC skimmer are reall simple they don't use a venturi at all they an injecter like in a car engine