BERLIN TURBO SKIMMER

OK, I know I'm not much of a skimmer person since I haven't used one in well over two years now. But...I was just wondering if anyone has ever used the berlin turbo skimmer and the results from it. is it a good investment or is it a waste of money?? if i do get one, it is gonna go on my 40g breeder tank, thats where i grow my xenia and i want the best water quality possible. thanks! :)

dcsg

For the money it does a pretty good job. I have one on a 150. It is a little undersized for the tank but does not do that bad of a job.

what are you talking about??? if it's another skimmer then it's too late, i already ordered the berlin turbo from that fish place. ;)

mellow77

If you've already ordered it then you'll find out soon enough for yourself. But, just for the record I have one on my 150 gallon reef setup and it works great. I do have a slight bubble problem that I'm trying to fix but I don't think it is a result of the skimmer.

tvan1

Just wonder how you all connect the pump to the Berlin Turbo PS. Is the pump laying down right next to the skimmer or is a hose used for intake so the unit can sit outside the sump?

Well, I got this thing on Wensday, and I must say that I really love it!! I have had it running for two days now and it has pulled out the nastiest SLUDGE I have ever seen!! Not brown water....SLUDGE!!! I highly recommend this thing to everybody that has 200 bucks to spare. :D

mac

No disrespect to the skimmer, but if you have not had one for 2 years an airstone and a fan would probably have removed sludge ;) lol ;)

Well I have two Berlins one a Hang on and one a regular(neither one is a "turbo") and till two nites ago I was ready to throw the thing out the feaking window.
When I first got it it worked awesome, then just kinda stoped. I tried everything Cleaned the powerhead pump, the venturi,etc. I could get to almost work. The LFS I bought it from told me to use a air-pump. I t worked a lil' better.
But then I found a plastic venturi at work and put that on.........Now man this this is AWESOME.
I have to squeeze the air down alot to control it.
I think that the Berlin skimmer are great...They just sometimes need a few lil mods. done

wamp

LOTR,
I deleted your last post. It was uncalled for. But anyway, Congrads on the new skimmer. I think you will like it alot. They are nice skimmers.
PS. You never said it was for a new tank;)