Berlin venturi classic problems??

D

dboy999

Heres the deal i recently bought a berlin classic venturi came with pump an all...bin running about a week..first few days no foam or nothing but everything looked good was expected then the foam came was workin great...now all of a sudden the middle chamber that usually is filled with the white bubbles that makes the foam is clear barley any bubbles at all....i adjusted the air intake both ways no luck?an also i still have the same amount of water coming out of the exaust tubes that shoot the good water back in to the tank ?so i dont think its the pump,or is it? tanks almost 2 yrs old..so im not a rookie here just stumped at why this happened?..any one have a clue?:help:

wildemon

I owned the Berlin and had a terribly difficult time tuning it. The venturi can clog at the airway juncture. Drain the water out & try a pipecleaner in the airway or take out the venturi and soak it in vinegar if there is a calcium buildup.
William Fisher

D

dboy999

could it really be clogged after a week though ?..i know i may sound stupid but where is the venturi?

I

irenicus

I believe the venturi it the area where air is injected into the water. At the bottom of the airline tubing.

usinkit

Take boiling hot water in a cup and stick the suction hose that comes from the venturi into it ,it will dissolve any salt creep that has blocked the air inlet to the venturi.

wildemon

At the lowest tube where the pump pushes in water, lies the venturi. When bought new, they include a plastic key to unscrew it. A wide & dull butter knife is also the correct size tool.

D

dboy999

no luck ...boiling water...took it apart tightend looseend ...now i got more airbubbles than i think i want basically now the whole chamber is filled with bubbles, all the chambers.