Berlin worth the money

skortzy

i am starting a 55 gal reef, but i want to upgrade to a big one in a few years! my question is "should i get a berlin or not? are they a good skimmer? are they really worth the money you pay for them?

Yes, if you are sure you will upgrade to a bigger tank then get a Berlin, they are reliable and works great. Depending on what kind of filter you are using, if you are using a sump, then I recommend getting a Berlin that is incorp. into the sump. Or if you want one to hang on for you present tank and later use for a sump then I recommend getting the Berlin RED SEA Turbo, as I recall it's up to about 300 gallons. The only difference with turbo and not is that turbo comes with the manuf. RED SEA pump!

q

I almost decided to bet a berlin turbo but about a month before I was going to buy it I started to see some little quirks with them that scared me off. I also saw quite a few good remarks about Euro-Reef skimmers. So I bought a CS6-3 for my 75 and love it.
After all if you are willing to spend that much might as well kick out a bit more and get top of the line.