Best Actor or Actress

tangman99

Who do you think is the best actor or actress currently making movies? I have several favorites, but when I really think about it, I have to vote for Morgan Freeman. He has played so many diffent roles and all of his movies are great.
His movie career is quite impressive:
Morgan Freeman IMDB

nyyankeees

I <3 Johnny Depp and 2nd is Nicholas Cage. I don't really have a fav. actress and NO it's not just because they are both hotties, lol. They both have quite impressive acting carreers.

kjr_trig

Tom Hanks and Phillip Seymore Hoffman, as such I am anxious to see "Chalie Wilson's War".....Good Thread BTW

jmick

Daniel Day Lewis has my vote.
Also like J. Depp and Leonardo DiCaprio.
For some reason, I can't think of any great actresses

tangman99

I have to agree with Johnny Depp. He plays some "out there" roles that most people could not pull off.

dlauber

Originally Posted by TangMan99
Who do you think is the best actor or actress currently making movies? I have several favorites, but when I really think about it, I have to vote for Morgan Freeman. He has played so many diffent roles and all of his movies are great.
His movie career is quite impressive:
Morgan Freeman IMDB

I agree, he is in some very good movies.
Shawshank redamption is DEFINATLY my favorite movie. (He was in that)

tangman99

Originally Posted by Dlauber
I agree, he is in some very good movies.
Shawshank redamption is DEFINATLY my favorite movie. (He was in that)
That was one of his best. I loved him as God also in Bruce Almighty and Evan Almighty. He makes a pretty convincing God if you ask me.

darknes

Put me down for Optimus Prime as well. I don't think anyone else can play his parts as well as he does.

lovethesea

Morgan is awesome!! I love him. Johnny Depp is fantastic also. Will Smith is turning out to be pretty good with age. Al Pacino, Robert Dinro.

Now, if you really want some good ones, we have to go waaaaayy back!!

isistius

j. depp and will smith. smith was awesome in i am legend
oh yeah - can't forget about homer simpson, kyle, stan, cartman, and kenny

rylan1

Haven't seen J-Depp film, but it seems the majority of his roles are very similar. Freeman seems to be a better choice IMO.

J

jrthomas40

put me down on jessica biel!!....actors i'll go with will smith and the guy that plays in "a beautiful mind" ...dang what is his name!!!

kjr_trig

FYI, the following have won the Oscar for best actor twice each (nobody has 3)...Spencer Tracy, Fredric March, Gary Cooper, Marlon Brando, Dustin Hoffman, Tom Hanks and Jack Nicholson