Best Angel with My Reef???

ddress007

Just looking for your opinions on which angel, if any, to add to my reef tank. Keep in mind I would like to keep a peaceful tank :)
I'm considering either a Flame, Pygmy, Lemonpeel, or Coral beauty.
Set-up:
55G
10G fuge
skimmer
55lbs LS
55lbs LR
Livestock:
2x Occy's (clown)
Cleaner Goby
(getting a sixline wrasse or a few chromi's)
Finger Leather
star polyps
mushrooms
mushroom leather
zoos
xenias
brittle star
hermits
few snails
feather duster
cleaner shrimp
Thanks for your input!!!

matty0h_52

i would say no on the lemon peel, and no on the pygme-i have seen both do a lot of damage in tanks. you would have a better shot with the flame or the coral beauty id say 50/50 shot.

reefman22

I have a coral beauty and I love it!! So much personality and it never harms any of my corals. I have heard of them nipping on some but mine has never even come close. I would say either coral beauty or flame. From what I hear they are the least likely to nip at corals.
Hope this helped
REEF

kdfrosty

I have a Flame Angel in my 50g reef, but I have much more LR than you. I would consider adding more LR before you add an Angel.

reefman22

Oh I didnt even see that he only has 55 lbs. I agree with KD. Add a few more then think about an angel, but u can use the time to make up your mind on what kind to get ;-)
REEF

ty_05_f

If you must have an angel I would choose the coral beauty. I had mine in a reef tank and it would rarely nip on things, but it never did anything to cause any damage. Just make sure it gets a variety in its diet.

ddress007

I was thinking of adding about 10 additional lbs of LR.
Between the two angels mentioned, which in your experiences have been the best with other fish. Territory or agression issues?
Thanks for your replies!

ty_05_f

Flames are not as hardy and are a bit more delicate than the coral and pygmy angels, and all are semi-aggressive.

kdfrosty

My Flame Angel is the wuss of my tank. He's in there with a Bicolor Blenny and a Yellow Watchman Goby.

blazehok68

Ive Owned A Coral Beauty, A Pygmy, And A Lemonpeel. Ive Noticed That The Smaller You Get The Angel, Meaning Younger, That The Less Damage They Will Do In The Long Run. If You Buy It Small And Give It A Variety Of Food In The Begining Then It Kinda Gets Trained On What Its "allowed" To Eat And Wont Pick On Your Corals. This Is Just My Theory And Just My Experience. With Any Angel Though There Is A 50/50 Chance That It Will Be A Son Of A B*tch And You Will Have All Kinds Of Frustration With It. If It Were Me, I Would Buy The Pygmy Just Cause I Like The Color And I Own One Now And Hes A Cool Cat.

xtech

ive got a flame angel and have had no problems at all with nipping,he will occasionaly pick arond the base of some of my coral strictly for the algae. he also gets along great with everyone else in the tank.
naso,lion,foxface,lb blenny,damsels..i have had him about 3 months and is now about 3 1/2 inches