Best conditions for live rock?

karl2jack

I want to thank you guys for recommending the water polisher! Wow within 24 hours I went from not being able to see 1.5 feet to crystal clear! At this point we don't have any type of clean up crew but we are looking. I am thinking of adding live rock. What are the pitfalls?
Thanks again!

mr . salty

The only pitfall of live rock(that I can think of) is that most medications will kill it off.So any treatments will need to be done in a seperate/hospital tank.I highly reccomend live rock in any marine tank...

hey ,carl2jack,if your looking for a clean-up crew i would seriously consider ordering from this site.i ordered one a few months back and was extremly pleased.

fshhub

live rock will make your tank much easier to take care of in the long run, in addition to aesthetics or housing for corals and places for your smaller fish and inverts to hide
IMO lr has many benefits, especially for beginning aquariists
HTH and good luck

diverinva

I have a 45 gallon tank with 30 lbs of LR and 60lbs of LS. I run a prizm skimmer as well. I love the LR in my tank. It allows a place for my clean up crew to climb around on as well as helping filter the water. It also gives your fish a place to hide when they are stressed. What do you have in your tank right now?