Best dog food?

jtt

Hey dog owners!
What kind of food do you feed your dog? and why? I want to get the best possible food to feed my dog. Since he is already a senior (about 10 years old) I dont want to feed him crap food....

dragonzim

Innova Evo Red Meat Large bites. One of the few brands out there that does not substitute ingredients from what are printed on the bag. Dog food is not regulated like people food is so there is no penalty for using ingredients other than what are listed on the bag. Even if a food says its all red meat, if they were able to get chicken cheap that week they can and will put it in without listing it as an ingredient. My dog has a few food allergies and this was recommended to us by the lab that did the bloodwork for him as a brand that will not substitute like that.

al mc

This is sort of a trick question. There is no one best dog food for all dogs. If your dog has no medical reason to feed a specific diet then I suggest that your criteria should be a senior dog food made with quality (meat) protein that has glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate and msm added with no preservatives and dyes. Your dog also has to like it, have formed stools and retain a luster to his/her hair coat for me to say it is the best food for him/her as an individual.

mrdc

Originally Posted by Al Mc
http:///forum/post/3243796
This is sort of a trick question. There is no one
best dog food for all dogs. If your dog has no medical reason to feed a specific diet then I suggest that your criteria should be a senior dog food made with quality (meat) protein that has glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate and msm added with no preservatives and dyes. Your dog also has to like it, have formed stools and retain a luster to his/her hair coat for me to say it is the best food for him/her as an individual.
Maybe I need to change my food! My knees ache all the time from playing basketball, no comment on the stool and my hair is turning grey and is losing it's luster!!

darthtang aw

Find a dog food without corn, or grains listed in the first 4 ingredients. Those brands are the equivalent to fe3eding your fish brine shrimp all day...or your kids popcorn..........
Of the brands listed so far, only Innova is worth feeding in my opinion.
Go, Taste of the wild, Innova...these are good dog food brands.

aquaknight

We feed Blue Buffalo. Innova EVO scores a bit better in most reviews/comparsions, but with 4 large mouths to feed, there is no noticeable difference for us, so we get Blue Buffalo at Petsmart.

kacey

Blue Buffalo, Innova, EVO, Taste of the Wild, Before Grain, Wellness, Halo, Organix, Solid Gold and Merrick are all foods I think are pretty good quality.
There's also the option of foregoing kibble all together and opting to do raw feeding instead. My dogs have been raw feed for nearly a year, now, and I have to say, I've really happy with the results.

maquignon

Raw food is the best if you have the time, patience and knowledge. Canned is next best as it is processed far less than dry food, therefore retaining more of the nutrients. Orijen is the best dry food. I use Blue Buffalo. I think it is next best and it is much easier to find and less expensive.