best dwarf angel for me

dallas612

i want a dwarf and i really wanted a flame but many people are telling me they pick at corals. this can not happen in my tank so i am now looking into getting a very beautiful coral beauty and i just wanted to hear from you all as to which dwarf will be best for my reef. do they all have the same risk when adding to a reef? because if the risk is the same i believe i will try the flame!

cveverly

From what I understand a Flame and Coral Beauty are your best bet. However it just depends on the individual fish. Some behave and some don't. Most retailers say add with caution.

hypertek99

All angels are hit or miss. If your keeping corals then i wouldn't do it. They can never touch your coral then one day 5 days or 5 months or 5 years later they will eat your corals.

dallas612

i was thinking of adding some zoo's to my qt while my angel is in there for his time just to see if i have a bad apple right off the bat. the coral beauty that i will probably buy is bigger than most i have seen so i believe it is old enough to see its habits in the month of qt and i will make my decision after the month is up. what do you all think of this idea?

rael

Originally Posted by dallas612
http:///forum/post/2747925
i want a dwarf and i really wanted a flame but many people are telling me they pick at corals. this can not happen in my tank so i am now looking into getting a very beautiful coral beauty and i just wanted to hear from you all as to which dwarf will be best for my reef. do they all have the same risk when adding to a reef? because if the risk is the same i believe i will try the flame!
My flame does not pick at my corals. I had a coral beauty for awhile and that did not pick at them either. I have heard they are hit or miss, but I've been lucky so far.

mr_x

yep. they are hit or miss, but i love the potters angel! check one out under actinics.

bullitr

watanabei angel will be the less likely to pick on coral. i had flame don't coral nor clams but i had a ick outbreak it died