Best Fish for a nano tank

ser_cyclops

hey i am looking at getting a 29 gallon nano cube from my local lfs and i was wondering what are the best fish for a nano cube im going to have live rock and sand and another thing is i MUST have a Percula Clownfish so i kind of need a list around this guys im new and i would like to have some help so i dont screw up.

ci11337

Originally Posted by SeR_Cyclops
hey i am looking at getting a 29 gallon nano cube from my local lfs and i was wondering what are the best fish for a nano cube im going to have live rock and sand and another thing is i MUST have a Percula Clownfish so i kind of need a list around this guys im new and i would like to have some help so i dont screw up.
1) clown :happyfish
2) firefish :happyfish
3) royal gramma :happyfish
4) yellow watchman goby :happyfish

gharner

just be careful with the coral beauty. you will need a lot of live rock so they can graze. make sure ur tank is cycled.

meanteen

Sixline are allways fun and all ways very active

firefish are all ways fun and very exiting

all of these fish will do fine in a reef tank

i love True percua's the most. If you get a clown, I say get those. Sixline wrasses, and some sort of sand-sifting goby like the yellow watchmen are also great. I just put a small Leaf Fish in my aquarium and he's awesome. :)

ser_cyclops

here is my fish list for a 24 gal nano cube i would not put all these in at once but over a period of a couple months
2 percula clowns
1 yellow watchman goby
1 Mandarin goby (Psychedelic)
1 fire fish or royal gramma or if i can i get both?
so what do you all think?

bruder

here is my fish list for a 24 gal nano cube i would not put all these in at once but over a period of a couple months
2 percula clowns
1 yellow watchman goby
Well first off... The Mandarin goby is a no, sorry to say. They need a large system with over 100 lbs of LR to give them a food source, mainly copepods. I really wanted one too because they are stunning to look at, but for the well being of the fish, don't try it.
The general rule of thumb is 1 inch of fish per 5 gallons. So you are looking at roughly 5 inches of fish (probably less because I don't think a 24 actually holds 24 gallons of water).
I would say a pair of clowns and a watchman would be fine in there. I would start with adding the clowns and then later add the goby/pistol shimp when the tank is a little more established.
If you really wanted to get one more fish in there, maybe a sixline wrasse or neon goby could sneak in.
But pack that thing full of softies and zoos! Check out some of our members nanos, you can really do a lot in that small space!
Hope this helped. Cheers.

catawaba

2 percula clowns
1 yellow watchman goby

Skip the mandarin.
Not enough room/liverock/time
One royal gramma