Best Gun in COD 4??

nyyankeees

Ok...I was just wondering what all you guys/girls who play COD 4 think the best gun is on there? I'm about to be lvl 23 soon and this is how I have my "create a class" that I use most often set up:
Primary weapon: M60E4 w/red dot sight/woodland camo
Side arm: M9
Special granade: flash
Perk 1: C4
Perk 2: stopping power
Perk 3: martyrdom
Is it better to stick to one type of gun or learn how to use all of them from each class? Jus curious on what everyone else thinks?

Oh yea, I was also wondering as you get higher in level do they give you more granades and C4 or do you just always only get 2??

digitydash

I will use automatic weapons when im real close to them,but I really like the sniper rifle 1 shot 1 kill.
I have become pretty quick with it.It just not good in tight spots or 20 guy rushing you.

burch2006

the m60's good but you'll tire of it, and your accuracy will be like 10% lol. The assualt rifles the m4, g36c, and m14 are extremely accurate and it only takes a 1/3 of a clip to kill someone usually less. The sub machine guns the p90, and the mp5 are deadly in that game. the mp5 needs stopping power, and I prefer it silenced. But for the p90 I usually just use juggernaut. Juggernauts cheap but it keeps you alive and lets you rack up a ton of kills.
The snipers... well the barrett 50 cal is about all there is to say about that.

burch2006

also you'll want to use about all of the guns seeing as how you get more xp for getting kills with those weapons. You'll probably end up switching your c4 with something more useful... like claymores or 3 frags (obviously when you reach the appropriate level), or rpgs. Im on like the 6th prestige, but I dont play it all that often anymore.

primary - m4 carbine, red dot, blue tiger.
secondary- doesnt matter.
perk 1 - claymore
perk 2- stopping power
perk 3- uv jammer--- i like it when they dont know were iam at.
xbox or playstation???????????

arod268

Assault-Ak 47 Silenced
Perk 1 claymores
perk 2stoping power
perk 3 extreme conditioning
Smg-mp5 until i get p 90
lmg-saw
shotgun- dont use
sniper-the first one dont know the name

moneyman

Do you guys try to do the challenges for all the weapons/skills. There are some weapons that I would hate to play ... like the G3 & G36c.

mike22cha

Here's my fav guns:
P90 Silenced
3xFrag Gernades
Double Tap
Extreme Conditioning
Perfect for running around deystorying newbs
Second choice:
G36C Silenced of course
Clamores or C4 both are effective
Double Tap
Extreme Conditioning
For snipers:
Dragunov
Clamores
UAV Jammer or Overkill with a SMG
Extreme Conditioning
LMG:
SAW
Clamores (to watch your back if you get in the right spot for prone shooting)
Slight of Hand (faster Reloading)
Stopping Power (or whatever it is that gives you the extra damage)
Shotgun:
W1200(sp?)
3xFrags
Stopping Power
Extreme Conditioning
for side arms I prefer the M9 silenced

bdhutier

I generally use three different load-outs.
1. Drugonov/G-36c red-dot, Overkill, Iron Lung, Claymore
This is my basic all-around loadout. I can adapt to the map and game flow pretty well, and provide cover, or an assault element.
2. RPD/1911, Bandolier, Deep Impact, Stopping Power
This is my loadout for close-in maps like Vacant, or if my team needs me on defense, this is the one.
3. G-36c silencer/1911 silencer, Bandolier, UAV Jammer, Last Stand
I usually only use this loadout on S&D maps.

nyyankeees

Originally Posted by MoneyMan
http:///forum/post/2498102
Do you guys try to do the challenges for all the weapons/skills. There are some weapons that I would hate to play ... like the G3 & G36c.
I try to but there are some just too difficult for me at my current lvl. Sooner or later I'll get them though. As far as guns from what you all have posted I guess I've been using a kind of crappy one. I'm about to go play now, so I'll try out something different.

mike22cha

Originally Posted by MoneyMan
http:///forum/post/2498102
I'm going to focus on that more once I get to a comfortable prestige (10th
) and getting all the golden guns or red/blue tigers.
BTW the G3 and G36C are some of the better guns. The G3 needs to be shot from medium range only and if you're to close to the person you shot at and the realize that you're shoting at them then the single shot type gun doesn't help you much.

prk543

I like the M-14, because once you unlock the red dot and the acog scopes, it makes a great counter sniper gun.
If you really want to have some fun:
P90 with double tap and deep impact. It cuts down people fast

coral keeper

I'm on the highest lvl there is. Its 55 or something right? Well anyways, my favorite gun is the P90. I have killed a lot of people with the last stand perk. Its a very good perk.
P90
Side arm:Golden Desert Eagle
Camouflage:Blue Tiger
Red Dot Sight
Perk 1:2 RPG rounds
Perk 2:Slight of Hand
Perk 3:Last Stand
1 Frag
1 Flash

dlauber

I will use any assult rifle or smg, with red dot scope
as for perks...I dont remember the names of them but this is what I use
2 claymores (good for when Im hiding out, even if they dont kill the person I know that someone is coming, if they shoot them to detonate them)
double tap
increased acurracy

perfectdark

Check out the stats on the different types of submachine guns. You will find that altough the P90 has a faster fire rate its not as acurate as the MP5 (my personal favorite.
My custom classes are:
Barett 50cal sniper with over kill perk, 2 primary weapons at once. Stun grenade, Iron Lungs and Stopping power. Side arm is Desert Eagle.
MP5 silenced, 3 frag grenades 1 stun, stopping power, dead silence, and UAV jammer. Side arm is a silenced 1911.
AK47 red dot, stopping power, deep penetration, and martydom. Side arm desert eagle.
M4, set up just like my AK, (benifit is no recoil on the M4) More accurate shot in long range scenario. Head shots a are a breeze with this weapon.
My favorite all time weapon class.
M249 much faster fire rate than the M60, front grip (scary accurate) stopping power, and bandolier. I have won multiple multiplayer games in succession with this set up.

mike22cha

On the 360 they updated the game, and now the ACOG scope is a lot better. I use it on my G36C now and as soon as I get it on my AK47 and M16 then I'll use it there too. Until then, I'm finaly learning how to use/beauty of the newb tube.