best inverts

aandwrobert

I have had a 75g fish and invert tank and I know how to take care of almost all inverts but now that I moved I can only have a 3g deco tank and I have no idea what would fit in a tank like that it has a 18watt light with a 80gph power filter with a 1/2 inch sand bed a clump of the grape looking marco alage a piece of live rock with some of those small feather dusters any ideas

reefforbrains

For such a small tank I would be leary putting anything into it for long term. Sorry if I sound negative but I just dont think those tanks are humane for anything but stationary critters such as zoo and such.
Why not move to at least a 10g tank? They can be easily moved or broken down if needed. If you are indeed staying with the 3g then maybe a hermit or two.
To each thier own , but I just dont see it being a good long term choice.

S

salty420

Hmm, I thought you could go with something like sexy shrimp in that size with no problems...

reefreak29

Originally Posted by salty420
Hmm, I thought you could go with something like sexy shrimp in that size with no problems...
mmm. shrimp in a 3 gal. the salinity can have rapid swings . by the way hello from geneva

S

salty420

Originally Posted by reefreak29
mmm. shrimp in a 3 gal. the salinity can have rapid swings . by the way hello from geneva
ah hello to you!
yes would be difficult to control salinity in a 3 gallon. would have to check daily and top off at least once a day...

milomlo

I had some hermits in a 2.5 gallon for some time. Just do a water change every other day or every 3 days and you should be fine. I got rid of it because the maintenance was so often. I have seen lots of folks do very small tanks. You will find many many opinions on this and lots of other issues.

celacanthr

There are lots of smaller inverts that you can keep in a 3 gallon tank, but the problem is with large salinity swings though. There are ways to combat this using cheap top-off systems.

aandwrobert

well its a nice deco tank and has a anti evap. lid I've had it set up for several days and my water level hasnt droped at all and my salinity has stayed the same the whole time as of now I have a salinity of 31ppt I was hoping to get a peppermint shrimp and maybe a neon goby.