Best LFS in Atlanta area?

appaloosa1

I'm taking a trip to Atlanta this weekend to go coral shopping and was wondering where the best places for price and quality are. I've heard that Cappucino Bay and The Fish Store and More are really good.

alm502

There are three pretty good ones on the North side:
Northwest:
- Marine Fish (770) 321-8404 - in Marietta on Powers Ferry Rd.
- nice store and folks, cool large tank display, relatively new owner, sort of $$$
- Capuccino Bay (770) 321-8881; 2145 Roswell Rd Suite 320 , Marietta GA
awesome store for corals!!, real nice folks, pretty good prices
These two are up I-75 off the GA-120 Loop. Take I-285 to I-75 N, go up and get off at the GA-120 loop, go right, go a couple of blocks and turn right on Roswell Rd and Cappuccino Bay is a few blocks down in the "(something) Lakes" strip mall on the right.
From there continue on south down Roswell Road several blocks to get to Power's Ferry and turn right. Marine Fish is a ways down on the right in a strip mall jsut past PetsMart.
More northeast side
- The Aviarium (770) 495-0540, two doors down from Hooters at Gwinnett Place Mall off Pleasant Hill Rd. of I-85
- small, real nice folks, good prices, also has great birds too
Go up I-85 and get off at Pleasant Hill. Turn west (back across freeway if you came from the south) and go to the first light past the freeway. Turn right and they are in the strip mall just past Hooters.
Hope you have a nice stay!!
While you are here, check out the Georgia Aquarium. It just opened right after Thanksgiving.

appaloosa1

Thanks. I have a season pass to the Aquarium, but have only been once, I really loved it. I'll be sure to check these places out. I didn't want to waste my time at too expensive and low quality stores so thanks for the input!

appaloosa1

Aquarium Showcase does have corals right. i get so confused sometimes with which ones have just hardware and which have live stuff. I'm going to Alpharetta Satruday too to pick up some live rock for my boyfriend

27mtaylor

I have been to "The Fish Store" in Buckhead and it was pretty good. I haven't been, but my brother really likes the store in McDonough.

appaloosa1

Thanks everyone! I went today, but had to be back here in Athens early so I didn't get to any but Cappucino Bay and a guys house who was selling his corals. I was very impressed by Cappucino Bay and may go back tomorrow with my boyfriend!