Best LFS in San Francisco?

scrapman

Visiting soon Frisco....
Any recommendation about visiting the best LFS in town?
What about a stupendous aquarium????
We're from Maryland..... The Baltimore Aquarium is OK!!
Thanks

marinfire1

ok so i live in marin which is the county on the other side of the golden gate...anyways in SF city theres a place called fish, fish and more fish...its on lumbord st. and there really good...super healthy stuff and its sw only...theres a place called 6th ave. fish. but there terrible some ppl like them cuz they are super cheap but ur fish all died there...they order in large amounts and the fish are all unhealthy....go to the montery bay aquarium...its amazing....the stienheart aquarium in sf is being redone so its not fully open but its gonan be amazing as welll...and then theres the under the bay one at pier 39....

rackyrane

I posted this same question in March. I think you can search for it using the search function. Quite a few people replied and we visited several of the stores. That 6th Avenue place was awesome. They had a sale (which I think is constant) to buy 6 corals for like $120 or something like that. I don't mean frags either. These were full grown corals. I bought a purple and green open brain that has doubled in size. Also scored some sweet mushrooms and other stuff from there. PM me if you want and I can give you the scoop on some other places. If DeMartini is around, she is from that area and can give you some great ideas--she and a few others really helped me out!

gopherfish

my sister lives on 9th st and i go to that place all the time they got super deals on fish and have a website called 6thstavenue.com