Best lighting for my buck

Wango Tango had gived me some good advice about going with T5s in my 55 gal.
I am looking to get the best bang for my buck ! I dont want to skimp in imporant areas so I was wondering if anyone out there can tell me what they think of Current Usa Nova Extreme T5 with 216 watts. Is that gonna be enough for some hardly types of corals or am in the wrong ball park here???
Thanks guys

isistius

if you decide to go the t5 route and want inexpensive, go with the nova extreme pro. if you have the extra $, go with aquactinics or tek, and if you have a lot to blow, go with ati. least of all, make sure it has individual refloectors

al mc

Originally Posted by coralrocksNY
Is that gonna be enough for some hardly types of corals or am in the wrong ball park here???
Thanks guys
With individual reflectors your lighting should be adequate for just about anything. You may have to move clams/sps corals higher up on the rocks
and if any anenomes they may move themselves up closer to the light.

saltspirt

i had a 20 with the current usa 4 bulb set up it is nice but there is alot nicer i ended up taking mine apart and making a new case for the individual reflectors and replaced the bulbs early no glo to the actanic and the Giesemann are alot brighter any way retros are realy easy with t5s and alot brighter you could probly keep most things with the current usa set up may be have to move the clams up still.

moprint

The Nova Extreme Pro is the best bang for the buck. I own the 48" version on a 55 it is as wide as the tank.

Originally Posted by moprint
The Nova Extreme Pro is the best bang for the buck. I own the 48" version on a 55 it is as wide as the tank.
What is the diffrence between the one I listed: Nova Extreme t5 216 watt and the one you list aas Nova Extreme Pro?

travis89

Originally Posted by coralrocksNY
What is the diffrence between the one I listed: Nova Extreme t5 216 watt and the one you list aas Nova Extreme Pro?
The pro has individual reflectors which is what you need with T5 for them to really be effective.

ah ha! Ok I will go do a search on the pro. I am wondering how much more it will cost. I guess it doesn't matter if you say this is a must!
Thanks

ok so i did some looking up and there is aBIG price diffrence between the extreme and extreme pro. I need to know... do I go with the pro which is about $355.00 or can I go with nova extreme 4x54w T5 HO for $278.00??? Is the diffrence not only in the reflectors but also because one has 2 more blubs than the other one? Is it really that big of a diffrence? Ill take your word for you guys out there if it is.

moprint

The Tek is $329 with bulbs, legs $58, acrylic sheild $26 and this is for the four bulb fixture. The Nova Pro is still a better buy.

travis89

Originally Posted by moprint
The Tek is $329 with bulbs, legs $58, acrylic sheild $26 and this is for the four bulb fixture. The Nova Pro is still a better buy.
forgot they don't come with that stuff

wow the $280 pice is without the bulbs! YIKES ..well then guys looks like I will be purchaseing the Nova extreme pro! This will take most of my money set aside for beginning start up. What is a fish lover to do! haha
Back to the piggy bank!
Do you know my local dealer told me I would be ok with corallife lights. I haven't seen anyone even mention these. Not to mention the pice was dirt cheep... probaby work like junk!

big

The Nova Extreme Pro is on sale now at the Dr's place! I just picked up the 48 6 bulb one for just over 300 bucks

Hey.. thanks for the help! I appreciate that! Hope you dont get in trouble for saying that on here tho!
I will go check it out right now!

WOW!!!
That is awsome! Your tank rocks! I am sold!!! What are some of the kinds of corals you have in there? What do the bulbs cost?