Best Lighting?

mlr492

So I picked up a few acro's from the store yesterday. They were orange and pink. I put them in my tank, they are blue. I'm not terribly complaining because they are healthy and growing, but they are not the same color as they were before.
I do know it's my lighting, i've got a 150W Sunpod halide.
I might be setting up a second tank though and I'm wondering, what is the best lighting to achieve maximum sps color?

gatorwpb

What tank do you have the Sunpod on? What bulbs? If they are stock bulbs, how old are they?
I have a 2x150w Sunpod on my 65g and its a great light. I had Aqualine AB 10k bulbs and recently switched to Phoenix 14k bulbs. The bluer phoenix bulbs make the colors pop more and everything has changed in color slightly and for the better.
But the stock bulbs are good but not the best and dont look like a true 14k bulb.
Also, many LFS use 400w 20k bulbs, and the corals will look great under those bulbs but will look different when you get them home.
As to what is the best lighting for a new tank, it again depends on the size of the tank.
My plan for a larger tank will use reflectors in a canopy, something like Lumenarc III mini stealth or the small Lumen Bright reflectors. You get much better coverage with the bulb.
For lighting selection and great customer support, check out hello lights . com