Best live rock?

aquaman

Ok so what is the best live rock, i.e. Price per pound. I want larger peices of live rock that weigh less (and cost less). So what should i look for? and what shoud i expect to spend, so i do not go out and pay top dollae for someting i could get for far less.
Bob

A

aqua_man

I have some Marshall Island, its a bit more exp, but weighs quite a bit less for its size.
Now I know who got the handle "Aquaman" :)

aquaman

Thanks, where did you get it, on line or a LFS.
I could not believe no one had taken Aquaman yet :)

A

aqua_man

I got mine from LFS, but as always its cheaper on the net. Marshall was my first rock I bought, since then I've only bought Fiji.

I am really partial to Fiji rock. If you do a search for Walt Smith it would really enlighten you. Most of the rock comes from his company and is smaller pieces. The only place I have found online that uses a different supplier is premium aquatics. You can either order online with specific directions for larger pieces in the special instructions box or you can actually call them and get an answer to place your order. I ordered 7-10 lb pieces and that is what I got...with very little rubble in the bottom of the box. I ordered 80 lbs and the shipping weight of the boxes totalled 90 lbs so I think I really got 80 lbs of LR. All in all I was very pleased with the rock. I always order cured rock because I don't want that "rotten smell" in the house. If you have ever smelled uncured rock you will understand. (Makes me gag and I am an OR nurse) HTH <a href="http://www.***************.com" target="_blank">www.***************.com</a>