best looking background???

N

newreefers

I have one tank with blue and two tanks with black, I like the black better, you really don't notice the ph cords, filter intakes, etc so much. they really stand out in the tank with the blue background. I will be changing that one soon.

entice59

nothing beats tinfoil; everyone has it, its easy to remove and it reflects light, SCORE! im only kidding of course
crappy old pic from my old tank, ahh memories

dave flood

I like blue the best, but I have black paint on mine it hides powerhaeds better. Oh and I dont clean the back glass it has all kinds of things growing on it.

ophiura

Am I the only one who likes the paper background in the desert scene or the Greek ruins (which gives a lovely Atlantis feel to the tank)?
I quite like my "salt creep on black paper" background. Anything that is more technologically advanced than that (like the smart folks who came up with the velcro and contact paper ideas) gets my real vote. I personally prefer black. Though if you find contact paper with greek ruins on it, well, that is all mine.
:p

nicenakago

I have always wanted to do a black mirror backround... the glass shop talked me out of it saying that salt and silver don't mix...
someone said they have a mirror backround now... Curious if you have ever had any issues with this...???

charvel

I used 8 coats of exterier enamel,Home Depot patched what I wanted exactly. If I had to do it over,I would have purchased blue plexiglass they sell at Home Depot or if I wanted black just paint the plexi glass nstead of your tank.

jmesmcm

I had previously used plexiglass that I painted from home depot and double sided carpet tape, the problem was that it kept falling down. So once I determined the color I liked best I painted the tank. I tried red, black, dark green, and blue. Decided that I liked blue the best.