best looking/most colorfull fish for a 55 gallon reef?

skirrby

well ive had a string of bad luck with fish.. not sure what happened.. everything seems ok.. only fish i have left is my sixline wrasse.
looking to get some new fish in there, stuff i havent had before.
fish ive had
marron clown
kole tang
lawnmower blenny
bangaii cardnels
neon goby
spotted mandrian
now help me with a fish i want list lol

shoreliner11

I like flasher wrasses. They are farely docile and may or may not have problems with your sixline. There are a couple species such as the filamented, carpenter's and yellowfin. Very cool fish and are all very colorful. Another is a longfin fairy wrasse, might have a better chance with him getting along with your sixline.

cadbury

Generally, don't Anthias need a lot of room to swim? I do think they are gorgeous, I have two myself!

ci11337

Squareback anthias!!! Anthias can be kept in a tank as small as 55 gallons as long as they are the only big fish in the tank and you have a good protien skimmer/do bi-weekly water changes.(Anthias eat alot!!) Although if you have bad luck with fish you might whant to try something a bit hardier first. Here is a Pic of mine. (He is in a 55.) :happyfish NOTE:I know my pics aren't great

reefman22

yeah definately figure out the problem before buying anything else, but back to the question at hand, my personal preferance (with caution) would be a bi-color angel. the dark blue contrasting the yellow is just AMAZING. but definately dont buy anything else before fixing it because it will be an unfortunate waste of money (which for me, doesnt grow on trees)
REEFMAN

big

Our Blue Hippo Tang with his bud. Love them both. Not a real cheap fish, but the Hippo is great!! Ours was 50 bucks at the LFS but well worth it!!..Warren

puffer32

No tangs in a 55, especially if you are having trouble keeping fish. I would go with cromis or clown.

crox

Originally Posted by ci11337
Squareback anthias!!! Anthias can be kept in a tank as small as 55 gallons as long as they are the only big fish in the tank and you have a good protien skimmer/do bi-weekly water changes.(Anthias eat alot!!) Although if you have bad luck with fish you might whant to try something a bit hardier first. Here is a Pic of mine. (He is in a 55.) :happyfish NOTE:I know my pics aren't great

I wouldn't suggest to keep an anthias in a 55g tank. They need at least 120+.

cymbal67

one of my favorite reef safe fish is the mystery wrasse. but i wouldnt spend the $ on him yet, wait until you figure out what went wrong with the others. they can be pretty pricey. but they are cool. sorry for the loss of your other fish. tangs and wrasses have lots of colorfull ones to choose from but you will get flack for putting a tang in a 55, and some wrasses will get too big for reef and/or 55g. so check out how big they get before buying any.

watson_ab

sailfin tang; specifically, the red sea one keeps it's markings through adulthood and actually gets more defined....