Best Looking Thing In Your Nano

nygel

awwww man, I occasionally get some wags of the finger to having a dragonet in a nano, but since its not a mandarin, i usually dont get too much. In short, scooters aren't good for nanos. Mine eats frozen (mysis) and has been alive for well over a year, many consider 2 years a success story, hopefully I make it (im movign about the time it'll be two years)

perfectdark

Up until the other day I would of said my Ric's were my best looking thing. But I have never had the anem, perc relationship before and IMO It has to be one of the best things I have ever seen in a reef tank.

K

kat74

Originally Posted by nYgel
awwww man, I occasionally get some wags of the finger to having a dragonet in a nano, but since its not a mandarin, i usually dont get too much. In short, scooters aren't good for nanos. Mine eats frozen (mysis) and has been alive for well over a year, many consider 2 years a success story, hopefully I make it (im movign about the time it'll be two years)
I've had a scooter in my nano for 8 months now and he also eats frozen mysis, brine and marine cuisine soaked in garlic plus, zooplex and other vitamin supplement stuff. I've got 16 more months before I can call it a success story though!

K

kat74

Right now, I'd say that the best looking thing in my nano aside from my rics is my toadstool leather. Saw it and had to have it! I'll have to take an updated pic of it as it has been growing like there's no tomorrow!

demartini

Originally Posted by Don Lino
This is not really the Best but definately one of the Best...

Its a Mini Carpet Anemone...
don linooooooooooooooo I want your mini carpet anemone!!! I seriously can't find one anywhere

demartini

tyree leather toadstool and armor of gods in my 8 gallon.

I know you have already seen this picture 4378952785785789 times, but I love it and it's my favorite thing in my 14 gallon.

greg803

Originally Posted by DeMartini
tyree leather toadstool and armor of gods in my 8 gallon.

I know you have already seen this picture 4378952785785789 times, but I love it and it's my favorite thing in my 14 gallon.

That is awsome what is it?

nygel

I've got like 4 of what LOOKS like those, they all are on a piece of live rock I bought for like $2, then at night all of them come out, about 4 or 6 (cant remember) come out and are dark dark red. but look exactly like that. I should get a pic now.

perfectdark

Originally Posted by nYgel
I've got like 4 of what LOOKS like those, they all are on a piece of live rock I bought for like $2, then at night all of them come out, about 4 or 6 (cant remember) come out and are dark dark red. but look exactly like that. I should get a pic now.

Yea they are mini ones, they wont get any bigger than they are now. But they are a form of hard tube cocoa worm. The ones Lauren has are considerably larger and much more expensive. I have never seen one in my area go for less than $50.00.
Oh wait yes I have.. LOL I just bought 2 the other day. Not nearly as nice as hers but the FS owner had been sitting on them (not litterally mind you) for over 2 months and had them listed as Tube Anemones. Last weekend I was in there and saw the label pulled off the tank they were in and there was 2 more left in there. So I played the fool and asked the guy what those were. He told me they were just a different colored feather duster, and that he would take $15.00 for them. I said sounds good to me, I'll be a nice guy and take them off your hands.. LOL. Now they reside in my tank...

nygel

yeah I've seen the big ones, and I know mine arent gonna get any bigger. I kinda like em, but to me, def not worth the pricetag at all. jmo, but i'd say its a pretty good deal of getting half a # of live rock and getting 4 mini coco worms. I should probably sell it . . . I don't care for it to much.