Best Nano tank set?

poop_head

At my LFS they had a JBJ nano tank sale. They had (1) 12 gal JBJ nano cube and then a bunch of 24 gal JBJ nano cubes and they all came with stands. The 12 was 179.99 and the 24 was 199.99 are these good ones as opposed to the aquapod and biocubes?

triga22

They are pretty good. I would look into the aquapod myself. I have heard the biocubes are great but they are more

12 Gallon for 179 and 24 Gallon for 199, 20 more for double the amount of gallons, should be a no brainer, you might want to double check these prices as that is really cheap if they come with the stands also. I bought a 29 Biocube and have been extremely happy with it, but it was 295 for just the tank, the stand was another 110. I am not familiar with the brand you are thinking about, but the price sounds very good.

paintballer768

I have the 24gallon Aquapod and it appears to be the same general design among all of the nanos. IMO get a 24 or 29. Its not very big, but its a good sized tank, and it will still take a while for your fish/coral to outgrow it.

poop_head

Ya i have a 10 gallon that is kinda running out of room and that price seemed to be really good. I'm pretty sure that they said 179 for the 12, which puzzled me cause for like $20 more you got twice the size. I just wanted to check and see if anyone had any experience with this brand and what not.

paintballer768

Originally Posted by Poop_heaD
Ya i have a 10 gallon that is kinda running out of room and that price seemed to be really good. I'm pretty sure that they said 179 for the 12, which puzzled me cause for like $20 more you got twice the size. I just wanted to check and see if anyone had any experience with this brand and what not.
I know peef has a 24 gallon JBJ. Might want to ask him, but I think again that for the most part theyre all almost the same design, most made the same. Id say spend the extra 20 and get the higher of the two.

poop_head

Ya I looked at the aquapod and the jbj nano cube and they look almost exactly the same. I would definately go with the bigger of the two. I mean a $20 difference just doesn't make sense. And they come with free stands. It seems like this LFS every christmas time they have these specials.

bencc

I have a 12g Nano Cube and the first time i took off the cover to replace the lights a couple of the holes where the screws go broke off.