Best place for a hammer??

drakken

I've had a small hammer for about a year. It opens up nicely but hasn't really grown. I had it placed in some rock and now it's place in the sand bed.
Where is the best place for it to grow?

michael7979

Depends on so mucch lighting,current, tankmates, fish,.....
I have two 1 is middle of tank in low flow and the other 1 is on the bottom with med. flow under 440w VHO lighting.
The 1 in low flow has grow well in the 8 months I have had it and the 1 in med flow has only been around for a month but seems to like placement don't know how it will grow yet to soon to tell.

T

tizzo

I bought a tiny little frag, and I supplement with cyclop-eeze, and it's practically doubled in size. Do you feed yours??

nm reef

Mine has done great in med flow...high light...and regular feedings of cyclopeeze and meaty foods. Its high on the reef...I don't target feed it...but I do feed heavy now and then. I believe the current allows mine to capture foods whenever I feed the system.

drakken

My lighting is 260 watts PC with True 03 actinic and 10K bulbs. This is over a standard 55 gal tank. Alk and cal are perfect. I do not spot feed but I do feed frozen meaty foods that I stir up and pour in the tank.